Aamu 2002

SWAC Elite

With AAMU having a new coach and all, how do you think they will do this upcoming season in football? Also, AAMU in the past has lacked a good, consistent quarterback. Any new changes in that area?

I'm predicting a 6-5 record for A&M. Here's how I see it.

At Jacksonville - I'm picking A&M to win it in a close game.

At Grambling - Gotta go with Grambling on this one. They lost a lot, but the game is at Grambling, and Doug will have them ready.

Prairie View - This may be a better game than you think, but I believe A&M has enough talent to win it.

At Texas Southern - Toss up. I'm going with A&M.

Southern in Indianapolis - I'm picking Southern to win all of their regular season SWAC games . . . AND LOSE TO BAMA STATE IN THE SCG. Therefore I'm picking Southern to win in the Circle City Classic.

Tennessee St. - Last year Tennessee State had too much offense, and A&M did not have enough offense. This is a different year, but it will be the same result. TSU takes this one.

Miss. Valley - A&M should bounce back and take this one.

Magic City Classic - ColeBlooded

At Jackson St. - Jackson St., in overtime.

Alcorn - A&M wins in a shoot-out.

At UAPB - A&M takes their momentum from last game and rolls over Pine Bluff.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Deuce

At Grambling - Gotta go with Grambling on this one. They lost a lot, but the game is at Grambling, and Doug will have them ready.

ACTUALLY THE GAME IS IN HUNTSVILLE IN 2002. THEY GOT A BEAT DOWN IN GRAMBING IN 2001. BUY THE END RESULT WILL BE THE SAME.

GSU/ICON WILL WIN!

I see 6-5 as being possible. The L's are definite. Some of the W's are questionable but I can see them pulling them off. Basically, the W's are my giving them benefit of the doubt.

At Jacksonville L

Grambling W

Prairie View W

At Texas Southern W

Southern in Indianapolis L

Tennessee St. L

Miss. Valley W

Magic City Classic W

At Jackson St. L

Alcorn L

At UAPB W

Originally posted by Tigerpride

Grambling W

Miss. Valley L

Magic City Classic W

So TP, you're picking A&M to beat Grambling and Bama State, and lose to Valley? :rolleyes:

I see 4-7 season

At Jacksonville L

Grambling L

Prairie View L

At Texas Southern L

Southern in Indianapolis L

Tennessee St. L

Miss. Valley W

Magic City Classic W

At Jackson St. L

Alcorn W

At UAPB W

Magic City Classic W

What makes you think A&M will beat ASU, how many points did A&M score this past year? none! You must didnt see the MCC this past year. we already know A&M cant throw the ball and i hope they have tim robinson as the quarterback this year. Cause i know the Bama State defense is gonna blitz him all day cause theycant throw

It seems like none of you are giving AAMU any hope for this coming season. Well! I personally see a 4-7 season. To many players left the team in the spring, there will be more players lost due to academics, no real QB with a SWAC attitude and the lost of "The ROCK". (Defensive coordinator)

Keep in mind...

we will FINALLY get to see what our DC can do in D1!

ALL WE NEED IS A LITTLE PRODUCTION ON OFFENSE.

Sting,

Elaborate on Tim Robinson. I only got a chance to see him play once in high school.

Originally posted by HORNETSWARM
It seems like none of you are giving AAMU any hope for this coming season. Well! I personally see a 4-7 season. To many players left the team in the spring, there will be more players lost due to academics, no real QB with a SWAC attitude and the lost of "The ROCK". (Defensive coordinator)

I didn't know that 4 players leaving a team constituted "too many." Who are these academic losses you're referring to? No real QB? What did you folks do...fenagle another year for Kennedy or something? Rock was not the mastermind behind the AAMU defense....HE'S STILL ON THE HILL! You'll know that soon enough. I'm laughing at all you folks talking about what you see for AAMU.......I SEE STUPID PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT! :lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by AAMU Alum

. . . What did you folks do...fenagle another year for Kennedy . . .

AAMU Alum,

You gonna give the JSU folks a heart attack, making statements like that! LOL ! ! !

Anyway man, lets here your HONEST opinion of what A&M will do this year. In my post, I did not attempt to smack at all. I simply gave an honest answer to a question that was asked by an A&M supporter.

You've heard our opinions. What's yours?

All these people know is what they half read.... I found out that the players that "LEFT" the team are the players that were going to be academically ineligible. Only two of those this doesnt apply to and only one of them still play football (at Morris Brown". The only loss that hurt AAMU was the field goal kicker.

Also... I keep trying to tell all of yall that ROCK was not the mastermind behind AAMU's defense. He wasnt even really considered the DC..... he was CO- DC. Brawnski Towns has been at AAMU since the 70s and he is the mastermind behind AAMU's defense. Rock was more like a position coach.

Defense will be well improved with an improved secondary.... Offense is the question mark... We have tailbacks that will excite everyone... we are waiting for the qb's to come around.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I wonder why there is so much concern and interest in AAMU??????:D :D :D :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by STRAWDOG
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I wonder why there is so much concern and interest in AAMU??????:D :D :D :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)
LOL at Straw......,

<---drinking bottled water and reading the posts from all of these AAMU experts..............,

Originally posted by STRAWDOG

. . . I wonder why there is so much concern and interest in AAMU . . .

STRAW,

This thread was started by an A&M fan.

Also, the last time I checked, this was still the SPORTS BOARD. Talking about SWAC sports is kinda what we do over here.

Peace.

AAMU has a defensive mastermind?

I change my prediction......

3-8 for AAMU

You should beat Valley, APB, and a sneak win.

all these AAMU experts.....half of them cant even win a championship with what they call their most talented teams:emlaugh:

I predict JSU will try to fire their coach after the first 3 games and then act like they was gonna do it all along

There are three, maybe four L's A&M can count on:

Grambling
JStank
TN State {Homecoming} :p
Southern

Originally posted by Get Ready
AAMU has a defensive mastermind?

I change my prediction......

3-8 for AAMU

You should beat Valley, APB, and a sneak win.

I dont EVERRRRRRRRRRR recall anybody scoring 60 plus points on AAMU. AAMU's defense has been way beter than JSU's these past two years.

Back