A Tale of 2 Brawls: HBCU and PWI

Old fashion fight from one of the nations premier college basketball programs.
:nono2:
:no:
:crazy:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/massiv...tate-basketball-game-bill-self-021543414.html

The end of No. 3 Kansas’ 81-60 win against Kansas State did not go well on Tuesday night at Allen Fieldhouse.

Instead, the blowout rivalry game ended in an all-out brawl.

As Kansas started dribbling out the clock while holding a 22-point lead in the final seconds, Kansas State’s DaJuan Gordon stole the ball and started dribbling down the court in an effort to secure one last layup.

Kansas’ Silvio De Sousa, however, sprinted behind Gordon and came up with a massive block as he attempted the layup, sending Gordon down into the baseline.

Almost instantly, both teams swarmed the scene on the baseline, which sparked the wild brawl that spilled down into the crowd and media section underneath the basket. Several punches were thrown in the incident, and De Sousa even picked up a chair at one point, though it was taken away from him before he could do anything with it.

It took several arena staff, coaches, police officers and even cheerleaders to break up the fight

You missed another one that involved 2 PWIs in the northeast that happen recently. If I find the story, I will post it.

I am waiting to see the fall out from a premier basketball program.
:popcorn:

Fighting in the handicap section.

Last edited:
To hell with that K State player.. I'm not about to let him get some shine/stat pad on me. I would have raced down there and turned him into a highlight with the chase down block just like the Kansas player did.

To hell with that K State player.. I'm not about to let him get some shine/stat pad on me. I would have raced down there and turned him into a highlight with the chase down block just like the Kansas player did.
Kansas had blown them out plus he blocked the shot....just walk away. And then the jackass picked up a weapon.

In the immortal words of Winston in John Wick II.....Just Walk Away.

Last edited:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-12-suspends-four-players-desousa/4547837002/

Big 12 suspends four players for their actions in Kansas-Kansas State brawl; Jayhawks' Silvio De Sousa out 12 games

“This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated, and these suspensions reflect the severity of last evening’s events,” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said in a news release. “I am appreciative of the cooperation of both institutions in resolving this matter.”

De Sousa’s 12-game suspension followed coach Bill Self’s earlier indefinite banishment, announced in a news release as Self reiterated his disappointment in De Sousa’s actions.

“There is no place in the game for that behavior,” Self said in the statement.

After the announcement of the suspensions, De Sousa posted an apology to his Twitter account: "Yesterday, during the Kansas State game, I displayed highly unacceptable behavior that was a poor representation of my team as well as my own character. There is no excuse for my behavior, and I cannot justify the unreasonable choices that I made yesterday on the court. I not only showed a lack of sportsmanship, but I put myself, my teammates and the fans in danger.
:tiptoe:

Someone wrote that thug’s public apology lol. He doesn’t speak that articulately. He’s a thug. smh Up by double-digits, it would have been too easy to simply let the clock run out and get the W. Thug wanted that confrontation like he wanted that indefinite suspension that was forthcoming. Good for self, big xii commish, and univ of kansas to suspend.

I’m beginning to understand why Q transferred year prior. Morality and character don’t mix well at univ of kansas basketball. :read:

A 12 game suspension for picking up a chair seems excessive and over the top. The fight seemed to have been started by the K State players who stormed the floor. I have to question that end of the game steal. Could that have been a "spread" issue? Typically, players shake hands as the clock runs down. I'm sure de Souza said if you keep playing, I'll keep playing.

I don't think there is an issue with the steal or the block but de Souza stood over the K-State player talking trash and it appeared like he was going to take it farther. The K-State player should not have run down there but his teammate was on the floor and de Souza standing over him. If de Souza had blocked the shot and walked away that would in all probability been the end of it but he stood over the player taunting him.

If someone had not taken the chair from de Souza there is no telling what he would have done with it. De Souza escalated the entire incident.

I can't watch the KU vs KSU one. Black men fighting in a non-fighting sport causes all kinds of hysteria but when white men do it in Hockey, we all turn a blind eye and its celebrated

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWE0ysT7ysI
I do not watch hockey...plus for a very long time it was an accepted part of the "sport". That is being scaled back now and people are being suspended last I heard.

black players in hockey have fights. Too often we don't just look at ourselves and say we do stupid things. The fight with Kansas and Kansas State was stupid for no good reason D'Souza wanted to act like King Kong standing over somebody else. The Tuskegee and Lemoyne fight got under control but the girls fighting over on the other side of the Court stupid

Back