2023 Football Schedules

When FAMU comes to Jackson every rivalry they have will be second tier. That is going to be one hell of an event..
Rattler , nah SU and Grambling both got loyal fan basis when they winning and overall we have more history with them. Not having a southern or a grambling on the schedule is a disservice to black football excellence. That will never be second to anyone. Coaches get fired based on the outcome of those games. When either team make a big play and you hear the bands playing “neck” it still gives me chills to this day. FAMU is still writing their rivalry with JSU at this time.

Rattler , nah SU and Grambling both got loyal fan basis when they winning and overall we have more history with them. Not having a southern or a grambling on the schedule is a disservice to black football excellence. That will never be second to anyone. Coaches get fired based on the outcome of those games. When either team make a big play and you hear the bands playing “neck” it still gives me chills to this day. FAMU is still writing their rivalry with JSU at this time.
Hmmmmmm!!! Interesting concept.

Valley only has 2 ESPN games (JSU (ESPN+) and @ BCU (ESPNU)) and the CFC on HBCUGo

I think this was intentional to keep most of the home games off ESPN+ and keep them on VSN for traffic and ad revenue

View: https://twitter.com/ValleyStateFB/status/1685027446368673793

I know you hate my honesty BUT here goes.
It was not intentional. Valley cant choose which games are picked up by ESPN.
Valley was just not picked because Valley is Valley. You have two games because #1 you are playing THEE and #2 you have a Thursday night game.

Last edited:
When FAMU comes to Jackson every rivalry they have will be second tier. That is going to be one hell of an event..
I hope so. I do think it will be a great event. FAMU and JSU drew 38K in Jackson in 1996. Both teams were undefeated and defending conference champs. If FAMU brings the 100, I see it topping 40K. BUT as others have suggested. We need to see FAMU travel. We havent really seen that. In the MEAC, it may have appeared that you all traveled because it's easy to put ppl in 10K seat stadiums.

If JSU and FAMU truly build a rivalry, that will be a beautiful sight in BCF.

HUH?

Back