10mm Handguns & More

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Although I understand what y'all saying about getting off more shots, but I see it this way. If you got four or six dudes trying to rob you that means either you selling dope or you gang banging and it's a hit on you. The average person ain't getting robbed by six dudes for nothing. Lol This ain't the movies. Lol

You only get one shot - two at most - before having to reload. If you squeeze off both barrels at the same time you get one shot. What if four guys break into your house?

I think a shotgun could be the ultimate home defense weapon but I would go with something like a 9 shot Mossberg 590. With a shell holder on the buttstock. Loaded with 00 or 000 buckshot.

I'd choose a shotgun over an AR for home defense because you can point and shoot and you don't have to worry (as much) about overpenetration. Bullets going through walls and possibly hitting unintended targets. Shoot an AR inside your house and you have to worry about accidentally killing the neighbor down the street.

I have the house to myself so i'm not worried about over penetration. I built my own AR from scratch and have a 100 round drum with laser sight/flash light. A shotgun is good in close proximity, but i'm good on that. I can stand at the top of the stairwell and knock your dome clean off. And 5.56 rounds aren't THAT powerful to penetrate a crib half a block a way after penetrating a wall.

And if we're being real, the only reason people REALLY consider the shotgun to be the ultimate home defense weapon is because the sound of racking it likely is enough to make an intruder flee. I carry a five seven too. I like power and precision. Don't want to have to get too close to hit someone. That's the thing with buckshot...it's cool in close proximity. But vs a pistol or a rifle you're at a disadvantage outside of a few feet.

Although I understand what y'all saying about getting off more shots, but I see it this way. If you got four or six dudes trying to rob you that means either you selling dope or you gang banging and it's a hit on you. The average person ain't getting robbed by six dudes for nothing. Lol This ain't the movies. Lol

Not these days. Dudes out here all in North Fulton robbing now. Following people home that have nice cars and shit. At the end of the day though, regardless of whatever gun you have, if you're not proficient with it it doesn't mean shit. I've been going to the range at least once a week for nearly 20 years. Had a few training classes and even now, if I want to shoot I can slide down to LaGrange since they have a spread out outdoor range and not have to be close to people.

Not these days. Dudes out here all in North Fulton robbing now. Following people home that have nice cars and shit. At the end of the day though, regardless of whatever gun you have, if you're not proficient with it it doesn't mean shit. I've been going to the range at least once a week for nearly 20 years. Had a few training classes and even now, if I want to shoot I can slide down to LaGrange since they have a spread out outdoor range and not have to be close to people.
Yeah my brother the one that's APD was telling me you have to watch them now. He said they were also waiting for you to let your garage down then try to slide in while it's coming down and rob you.

I'm noticing increased conversation about guns by black folks and increased gun range participation as well. I think this is a good development and is long overdue.

Now it is just my opinion, to each his/her own, but buying multiple guns is not going to help you if you can't shoot any of them effectively. Find out what you can shoot effectively, purchase it and load up on a good amount of ammunition. The gun is the tool, the bullets/rounds are what stops threats. Good bullet placement is what effectively ends threats. Practice shooting center mass until you become very good at it, and never develop a false sense of bravado over target shooting. Shooting at a moving target that is intent on harming you is a totally different experience.

Cover, concealment and suppressive fire is what aides you from being effectively fired upon by creating additional degrees of difficulty for an assailant. Never attempt to be a hero, take cover whenever possible. Try to use good judgement, but don't let hesitation get you killed. The assailant/intruder/threat has their mind made up already, be certain yours is as well. if you ever have the very unfortunate experience to face a dangerous encounter be determined to live to talk about it.

That is my two cents.

Last edited:
I'm noticing increased conversation about guns by black folks and increased gun range participation as well. I think this is a good development and is long overdue.

Now it is just my opinion, to each his/her own, but buying multiple guns is not going to help you if you can't shoot any of them effectively. Find out what you can shoot effectively, purchase it and load up on a good amount ammunition. The gun is the tool, the bullets/rounds are what stops threats. Good bullet placement is what effectively ends threats. Practice shooting center mass until you become very good at it, and never develop a false sense of bravado over target shooting. Shooting at a moving target that is intent on harming you is a totally different experience.

Cover, concealment and suppressive fire is what aides you from being effectively fired upon by creating additional degrees of difficulty for an assailant. Never attempt to be a hero, take cover whenever possible. Try to use good judgement, but don't let hesitation get you killed. The assailant/intruder/threat has their mind made up already, be certain yours is as well. if you ever have the very unfortunate experience to face a dangerous encounter be determined to live to talk about it.

That is my two cents.
I am so glad you posted that. I hear white boys always bragging about how many guns they have. I tell folks war is more than about how many guns and ammunition you have. It's more about heart and see you willing to truly to go to war and survive alone with skills.

Now it is just my opinion, to each his/her own, but buying multiple guns is not going to help you if you can't shoot any of them effectively. Find out what you can shoot effectively, purchase it and load up on a good amount of ammunition. The gun is the tool, the bullets/rounds are what stops threats. Good bullet placement is what effectively ends threats. Practice shooting center mass until you become very good at it, and never develop a false sense of bravado over target shooting. Shooting at a moving target that is intent on harming you is a totally different experience.

That is my two cents.
That is 100 dollars worth!

I am so glad you posted that. I hear white boys always bragging about how many guns they have. I tell folks war is more than about how many guns and ammunition you have. It's more about heart and see you willing to truly to go to war and survive alone with skills.

I hear these guys at work talking about this all the time.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back