‘Lowes third-party delivery is killing their business single-handedly’: Customer catches Lowe’s delivery driver trying to avoid making appliance deliv

Olde Hornet

I had a problem with the Home Depot in 2022. They are having the same sort of issues because they outsourced delivery. Someone has a new appliance because it was not delivered to me and the Home Depot knew it wasn't delivered. They gave me my money back and I bought the same appliance from Best Buy for the same price. Home Depot was experimenting with bringing home delivery back in house due to the cost of home deliveries failures nationwide. I don't know if they ever did.

‘Lowes third-party delivery is killing their business single-handedly’: Customer catches Lowe’s delivery driver trying to avoid making appliance delivery​

We’ve all had the experience of waiting at home for a delivery to arrive, only to discover a note on your door later in the day claiming that a delivery was attempted and failed.

If this has happened to you, you might be wondering how you could have missed your delivery if you were home all day. Now, TikTok user Michelle (@michellegwynn85) has gone viral after sharing her potential explanation.

In a video with over 3.6 million views, Michelle claims that she was waiting at home for a new washing machine to be delivered from Lowe’s. Rather than ring the doorbell and wait for her to answer, Michelle claims (with evidence from her video-enabled doorbell) that the driver simply honked his horn, ran to leave a note on the door, then drove away.

“Not a ring or a knock though I stayed home all day for a delivery,” she wrote in the caption. “The only thing offered was a 10% off a future purchase though we have no plans for future large purchases. We were also not able to get back on the delivery schedule for days and days.”
According to commenters, this is a common problem with Lowe’s delivery.

“I watched lowes pull up, waked out to greet them, and they booked it. claimed I wasn't home,” alleged a user. “They didn't even get out of the truck.”

Back