The State Fair Classic Is As Ghetto As It Gets


200.gif
 



I'm not here to promote another show ,but my algorithm is showing that Al Wash is going on Coach JC Cole's show tonight to address this. I wish he would have chosen HBCU sports, but at least you've forced Wash to respond.

I hate most of the loud live DJ music at games anyway so this just seems to be the next step with this absurd night club atmosphere. There are 2 bands present and I see the classy ladies of Orchesis just sitting idly by in the background watching this twerk fest. Glad someone is calling it out.
 
Its the lower culture that fills the stands too. When they are not there you have empty stadiums with only AARP members.
AARP mf'ers with a LOT of disposable $$$$ and earned education, unlike the ghetto busters. Tell the truth.

I want the ghetto dummies away from our brands. I'm too happy KR put this out into the metaverse. Sick of the ghetto bullshit.
 
I'm not here to promote another show ,but my algorithm is showing that Al Wash is going on Coach JC Cole's show tonight to address this. I wish he would have chosen HBCU sports, but at least you've forced Wash to respond.

I hate most of the loud live DJ music at games anyway so this just seems to be the next step with this absurd night club atmosphere. There are 2 bands present and I see the classy ladies of Orchesis just sitting idly by in the background watching this twerk fest. Glad someone is calling it out.
He has reached out to me. We are trying to arrange a mutual time to meet.
 
AARP mf'ers with a LOT of disposable $$$$ and earned education, unlike the ghetto busters. Tell the truth.

I want the ghetto dummies away from our brands. I'm too happy KR put this out into the metaverse. Sick of the ghetto bullshit.
AARP mf'ers with a LOT of disposable $$$$ and earned education, unlike the ghetto busters. Tell the truth.

I want the ghetto dummies away from our brands. I'm too happy KR put this out into the metaverse. Sick of the ghetto bullshit.
I don’t agree with what occurred in Dallas but there is a happy medium that can be met. We have to re engage our sidewalk alumni. That’s the demo thats packs our stadiums for homecoming and rivalry games but doesn’t show up for the random Saturday games. To that you have to do some of the things you may not like, but not to the extreme that took place in Dallas.
 
The schools have the leverage. Al seems to be one of those arrogant guys that force you to say something before he does what needs to be done.
And he wants to come take over the LDC game and be the promoter
 



I don’t agree with what occurred in Dallas but there is a happy medium that can be met. We have to re engage our sidewalk alumni. That’s the demo thats packs our stadiums for homecoming and rivalry games but doesn’t show up for the random Saturday games. To that you have to do some of the things you may not like, but not to the extreme that took place in Dallas.

This. I admit to being part of the problem as well. I prefer staying at home & comfortably watching games on television with a few drinks, friends or family. So the game day atmosphere is catered to a younger crowd more likely to show up & replace aging fans who are becoming lesser engaged.

But you see schools like Tuskegee & Southern beginning to push back a little with dress codes on campus. You can engage the youth , but not allow street culture to influence HBCU culture which goes back over a century.
 
Last edited:
He has reached out to me. We are trying to arrange a mutual time to meet.
I was waiting for you and KR Entertainment to take this over as aging AWE has aged out of it. 👀 You have the staff and (mental know-how resources). 👀

Once a year, where planning starts right now, this week. 👀👍🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿
 
Many college students at HBCUs aren’t mature enough to understand their place in the world and what the future holds for them. Too often they want to dress and speak like the uninformed and less educated — lowering, rather than raising the standard. There was a time you could distinguish the college students from “the rest”. Not anymore. There is no place for what took place at the State Fair Classic. It should have been shut down immediately. Our standards have to be higher. Administrators have to demand more of these kids.
 
Many college students at HBCUs aren’t mature enough to understand their place in the world and what the future holds for them. Too often they want to dress and speak like the uninformed and less educated — lowering, rather than raising the standard. There was a time you could distinguish the college students from “the rest”. Not anymore. There is no place for what took place at the State Fair Classic. It should have been shut down immediately. Our standards have to be higher. Administrators have to demand more of these kids.

I walked a few campuses and said verbally to myself... it's hard to envision a future teacher, principal, administrator, business person, engineer, nurse, doctor, law enforcement, judge, ... w/ what I currently see and hear.

Protect our brands; maintain our standard of excellence.
 
Last edited:
All of our classic games tend to lean closer to our lower culture and we seem to be ok with it.
That's American black culture in general. From the music to the styles to the entertainment. The hood shit always gets put in the foreground.
 
I was waiting for you and KR Entertainment to take this over as aging AWE has aged out of it. 👀 You have the staff and (mental know-how resources). 👀

Once a year, where planning starts right now, this week. 👀👍🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿
I second this opinion. Some one that lived the HBCU experience before ever filling out an application would be a good choice.

"While others would later discover the HBCU experience as actual college students, I lived it before I ever filled out an application."
Kenn Rashad
HBCU Sports 101
 
Last edited:
Back
Top