Yes another Deion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
But why would he care about how the stadium is built?
I think it has to do more with the player's resources to assist with recruiting. Not sure about the budget; however, it is vital that the school can come close or surpass the competition for recruits. Plus, enhance the game day experiences for the recruit's families. I've had a chance to view the stadium at the University of Alabama and it's an awesome experience. In addition, the light show in the stadium is second to none!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
they would be stoopid to kill their budget for one man
That man is supplementing their budget in every way. Because of Deion, I’ve had more conversations about HBCUs, HBCU football because people know what Deion is doing. And that leads to interest, which lead to social media impressions, which lead to sponsorships. But I’d agree with you they shouldn’t break the bank. And I think there are probably limits on what the state can pay an employee. Can the alumni help supplement a salary in the millions? Maybe.

I’m assuming The excitement and conversation around Deion hasn’t existed in the SWAC…Ever!

That man is supplementing their budget in every way. Because of Deion, I’ve had more conversations about HBCUs, HBCU football because people know what Deion is doing. And that leads to interest, which lead to social media impressions, which lead to sponsorships. But I’d agree with you they shouldn’t break the bank. And I think there are probably limits on what the state can pay an employee. Can the alumni help supplement a salary in the millions? Maybe.

I’m assuming The excitement and conversation around Deion hasn’t existed in the SWAC…Ever!

maybe the social media era - but imagine HBCU football when Jerry Rice was playing, Grambling State was dominant and they were drawing crowds without the extra hype

When McNair played the hype was there - especially as a senior - ESPN2 was his own channel as they moved games to Jackson before the stadium opened just to showcase him

there were a lot of "cash" transactions so we never now what was made lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back