Exclusive: An upstart pro basketball league is starting just for HBCU players

+1.

You, I, and a few others with understanding have been waiting for awhile. :(

Making the very descendants of those who unmercifully enslaved our ancestors richer reeks of... :( I am guilty, formerly.

How is this going to counter the G League? Especially that G League Team lead by NBA Players like Durant?

Especially since they are going after high school kids? I look at the G League roster-1 HBCU and a a ton of schools I NEVER heard of that were not D1 schools.
What is Jalen Morris from Molly (D2) doing that players from the SWAC are NOT? He could NOT get a scholarship offer and had to go to his DAD's school (Assistant coach). He made 2 NBA rosters.

What is this going to do to deter HBCU kids?

More importantly-are WE going to support it? For all the folks who scream for something like this will you show up to watch? Or are we going to see the same mess that we see with the WNBA-a lot of bashing for it existing?

2020 has been the most important turning point for black people in modern history. I thought it was gonna be 2008 when Obama was elected but NOPE! So many great things have been happening since 2020 to make sure we're seen and supported BUT SO MUCH MORE TO GO.

Back