Neighboring SLC football 5-0 vs the SWAC fall 2019

Lenard

IWU over Texas Southern.
McNeese St 2-pieced the SWAC w/ wins over projected divisional winners and SWAC powers Southern and Alcorn St.
Nicholls St over Prairie View.
Lamar over Mississippi Valley St.

The Southland conference is 5-0 vs the SWAC in head to head competition fall 2019.

I think the Southland could easily dominate others in the SWAC if HBU, ACU, & UCA scheduled other SWAC programs.

This is very shameful.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
IWU over Texas Southern.
McNeese St 2-pieced the SWAC w/ wins over projected divisional winners and SWAC powers Southern and Alcorn St.
Nicholls St over Prairie View.
Lamar over Mississippi Valley St.

The Southland conference is 5-0 vs the SWAC in head to head competition fall 2019.

I think the Southland could easily dominate others in the SWAC if HBU, ACU, & UCA scheduled other SWAC programs.

This is very shameful.

We play HBU next week and they will win. I do feel SLC has slightly better talent but we still have enough talent to compete and win. The biggest difference is coaching expertise and resources.

We been competing with the SLC, just not winning

@Bewildered the word "shameful" is a bit strong. I know the losses, particularly Southern, Alcorn & Prairie View are disappointing (and that is the word I would use) but when you see the efforts, I would not characterize it as "shameful." I know you're tired of the same song and dance though. When the teams did their best and didn't come up with the W, we have to take the bitter with the sweet and move on. I feel your pain though......LOL @Mrwireglass is right on the money with his comment (along with making adjustments and playing 60 minutes of football).

@Bewildered the word "shameful" is a bit strong. I know the losses, particularly Southern, Alcorn & Prairie View are disappointing (and that is the word I would use) but when you see the efforts, I would not characterize it as "shameful." I know you're tired of the same song and dance though. When the teams did their best and didn't come up with the W, we have to take the bitter with the sweet and move on. I feel your pain though......LOL @Mrwireglass is right on the money with his comment (along with making adjustments and playing 60 minutes of football).
Exactly. We only gameplan for thirty minutes, and don't make adjustments in crunch time. See, PWIs believe, if the game is close. They will pull it out.

Disappointing is a word I would use to indicate an untimely or singular type anomaly of an occurrence, which implies that it's something that occurs out of the norm.

Shameful is the proper word to use because this has become habitual AND consistent in head to head matchups, even w/ the SWAC's alleged "elite" program(s). You can count the # of SWAC football wins over the Southland conference on 3-4 fingers, if memory serves correct, over the last 10 years. The performance and lop-sided losses over the last 10 are indicative of the dominance the neighboring Southland has over the SWAC in the last 10 years.

Please excuse my ignorance though... I forgot the SWAC is petitioning for a new column added to the W-L (won-loss) ledger called "close," as in the game of horseshoes and hand-grenade toss lol. I'm being funny but also being serious about this. This is shameful.

Bruh they've been OWNING us over the last 10 years. When is enough, actually enough? Where are the SWAC Ws? Would you not call 5-0 one over the other, head-to-head, dominating? lol :D

"You're going to eat my birthday cake Darnell!!!"

1568562604449.png

We need to learn how to not nut up when our coaches see a white face on the opposing sideline, make Mark Orlando is 150 years old but make him a head coach in SWAC he would bew undefeated. The black players that play for dewhiteman play like they don't dare disappoint massa smh

I agree with JROCK. I wouldn't call it shameful, but it is disappointing. I think with the change to the 7-game scheduling format, the teams who continue to take advantage of scheduling out-of-conference game against other FCS teams will only get better over time. There used to be a time where the results of the aforementioned games above wouldn't have been nearly as close as they were this year. The SWAC, in my honest opinion, is clearly better from top to bottom compared to 10 years ago.

Now, what's shameful, is how my alma mater managed to make a mockery of the 7-game format. Grambling is the ONLY school in this conference, that after masterfully playing back-to-back games against mid-level FBS teams, is wasting its remaining two OOC dates to play nonconference games against SWAC teams. That shit is ridiculous. Our games against J-State and AAMU will not count in the SWAC standings this season. One (like myself) can only imagine what we could have done against a McNeese or Lamar.

Alcorn St. (MS)04
Arkansas-Pine Bluff01
Grambling St. (LA)02
Prairie View A&M; (TX)04
Southern (LA)02
Texas Southern01

McNeese State University owning the SWAC football teams is "disappointing."

But 0-14 isn't shameful. :D lol Get me out of here Ralph. Facts mean nothing in the SWAC but cultural emotionalism still reigns supreme. lolololololololololololol :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@Kenn Rashad , though @Bewildered only addressed the 5-0 mark to the SLC, that loss to LA. Tech by Grambling (in my mind) fall into that disappointing category. That game was there for the taking. I can't really comment on the ULM loss because I didn't see much of that game. I feel your pain with the ooconference scheduling though.

@Kenn Rashad , though @Bewildered only addressed the 5-0 mark to the SLC, that loss to LA. Tech by Grambling (in my mind) fall into that disappointing category. That game was there for the taking. I can't really comment on the ULM loss because I didn't see much of that game. I feel your pain with the ooconference scheduling though.

I cannot think of SWAC vs D-I fbs anything because I'm stuck on the neighboring d-1 fcs conference, who also recruits in the SWAC's footprint, that is undefeated fall 2019 vs alleged dominant SWAC powers and divisional winners lol.

There is no shame to be found there, only "disappointment." Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... lol

Back