This article is dangerous & divisive to the black community!

So, you think that what the author of that article says is true. He is saying that sh*t about my son and my nephews. I can go anywhere and get people to prejudge my me and my family. It hurts to have another brother make some assumptions about the relationship between my mother and father or my grandfather and grandmother and say some of the same sh*t white people say about us all the damn time.

This sh*t sucks. It feels like no one is on our side. It's no feeling worse than doing everything right and still being treated like something bad. I got used to it from white folks, but to hear it from another brother. Damn.

This man is literally telling me that the relationship between my wife and I is some kind of failure on my part and that my firends who are black and married and raising sons and daughters are doing something wrong.

The fact that you see any validity to this suck Kendrick. You better than this man.

I think the article's intent was for us, as men as a whole, to examine how we treat our black women and girls. Immediately, I thought about how much of the criticism is similar to the reaction of white people when the subject of white privilege, racism or police brutality comes up. They go "not all white people" or "I'm not racist" or "you're anti-police." as a defense when they don't want to come to grips that the autopsy of the situation might be true.

Instead of asking why do our women feel this way? or how we can make it better for them? we go off on tangents about homosexual agendas, feminism and lions.

Deflecting ... just like white people do.

Last edited:
Apparently you have never been discriminated against publicly. I have. No matter what our qualifications are as black men who are straight we have to work 3 times as hard....if work starts 8 am we have to be there at 7;30...if it requires a masters then we need the +30. Get the hell out of here trying justify that we are privileged because we are straight. No black person is America is privileged because no matter how much money or prestige we have it only takes one mistake to fuck it up indefinitely. Then when we do make a come back from that situation we end up being uncle toms like Ray Lewis.

We're more privileged than black women. We're more privileged than our LGBT brothers and sisters. If you gotta work three times as hard, imagine how hard they have to work to get to your level.

Straight black men aren't discriminated against just because they're straight. By race? Yes. Gender? Hell no (if you're a man).

We're more privileged than black women. We're more privileged than our LGBT brothers and sisters. If you gotta work three times as hard, imagine how hard they have to work to get to your level.

Straight black men aren't discriminated against just because they're straight. By race? Yes. Gender? Hell no (if you're a man).

You get it.

I just read it.. as a black woman, this has plenty of merit. Look at TSPN...how many times do I give you a woman's point of view and y'all trying to discredit it? How many times do I stand up for black women and someone does the passive aggressive thing and inserts feminist or starts a feminist bashing thread. Do y'all even know if I AM a feminist?? No one asked I can remember.

In a nut shell, MANY...not all, but MANY black men don't listen to their black woman and don't give what she thinks/says much merit/weight. I KNOW y'all see us...differently. That's it. It has to be...cause I remember when folks were trying to come up with a reason justifying why that cop threw that black girl out of that desk. I don't know anyone who should have been okay with a grown person treating a child like that...but justification was occurring....and lots of other examples. I KNOW it's the subconscious programming...and I expect the reaction when it's shown--the need to discredit/drown out that voice/divert to other issues they may have to forget the truth that hurts.

But no, I get the analogy and as a black women: There is MUCH truth therein...

This was a waste of my time. I don't really care what most people think of me. As long as they leave me alone they are free to think what they want. If we are trying to judge by groups then there will always be problems. I don't represent all black people and I don't expect a white person to be either. I can only talk to them about my experience as one lone descendant of Africans living in America. I try to have one agenda, kingdom building for Christ. There is nothing else to know.

Ken, I'm sorry but you can't be a strong black man and be privileged. That's a threat to ANY white man as well as some brothers. You got to rethink the whole approach on that. Believe me, all blacks have it hard in the face of whites but a strong black MAN has it harder. He's a threat because society and in the workforce there is about some type of control that they/whites ,and some blacks, feels should take place. And they feel it's harder to control or keeep a strong black man in line with changes that may come within the company. He may just speak out if it's something thats not right. He may just be smarter than those ahead of him and he doesn't mind showing it. Thus, he is the threat.

So how is it a strong black man have privilege? Start back with Nat Turner, just a spot to start, and we can run downhill from there. Times may change but this fear and discrimination stays the same.

This article isn't about black male interaction in white world...it's focus is black man within the black world and his interaction with black women...

Hurt people hurt people....that's what I see in our communities...the impotence felt in the world gets meted out and testosterone reclaimed locally as "king" roles in our communities....

Kenn the entire LGBT is a full movement supported by all genders and ethnic groups because there are all ehtnic groups that are LGBTs. Being gay is a choice but a black male is not.

Ken as a father I'm tough on my son because whether he likes it or not he is a black man in American. Straight, gay, or whatever he cannot change his color. He will have to handle being overlooked, passed over, etc...for jobs but the toughness I instill in him now will prayerfully toughen his skin to not give up.

Also, Ken there are a ton of down low men and women taking care of the LGBT community. Who takes care of the straight people?

I think the article's intent was for us, as men as a whole, to examine how we treat our black women and girls. Immediately, I thought about how much of the criticism is similar to the reaction of white people when the subject of white privilege, racism or police brutality comes up. They go "not all white people" or "I'm not racist" or "you're anti-police." as a defense when they don't want to come to grips that the autopsy of the situation might be true.

Instead of asking why do our women feel this way? or how we can make it better for them? we go off on tangents about homosexual agendas, feminism and lions.

Deflecting ... just like white people do.

How can I deflect something that doesn't apply? When have I or anyone in my family went off on any of those tangents you mentioned? There has to be a privilege to exist for me to deflect from it.

"I think the article's intent was for us, as men as a whole, to examine how we treat our black women and girls"

Don't lie for the dude. That wasn't article's intent. It had nothing to do with examination and everything to do with immediate condemnation. This is the author performing projection of how HE treats and feels about black women. He thinks that we all think like he does.

This article isn't about black male interaction in white world...it's focus is black man within the black world and his interaction with black women...

Hurt people hurt people....that's what I see in our communities...the impotence felt in the world gets meted out and testosterone reclaimed locally as "king" roles in our communities....

Sadly, it's not. It's about some guy immediately condemning my interactions with my wife and daughter and the interactions of my father with my mother and the interactions of my grandfather and grandmother. And coming to the conclusions that because I am black and a male I have certain list of failings and faults that apply to me. He is my son is born flawed and privileged because he is black and male in interactions that deal with black women automatically.

This sh*t hurts because people(black people) are riding with it. Is this what our my people think of me and boy. It feels like losing the last ally that you would have in the world.

Kenn the entire LGBT is a full movement supported by all genders and ethnic groups because there are all ehtnic groups that are LGBTs. Being gay is a choice but a black male is not.

Ken as a father I'm tough on my son because whether he likes it or not he is a black man in American. Straight, gay, or whatever he cannot change his color. He will have to handle being overlooked, passed over, etc...for jobs but the toughness I instill in him now will prayerfully toughen his skin to not give up.

Also, Ken there are a ton of down low men and women taking care of the LGBT community. Who takes care of the straight people?

Huh?

I don't think he researched enough of society to even write the piece.

Also, a part of me really does not believe that some black women tell the truth. For example, I have told my mother that her generation has thrown out too many confusing messages to the younger black women. For example my mother will cook my father (when he was alive) his favorite meal, even fix his plate. Yet, would tell women they need to be independent and not worry about a man. .

Ok I called her and her friends out on it once. My question was simple, how do you women stay married 30 years but a woman in the present day can't stay married 5 years?

Moreover I don't think many black males are equally not honest. Be real with who you are and what you want.

It's like some women want to be married with a family; but lack the understanding of what it means to be a wife and vice versa for men.

I bullshit on the page but this is my take on marriage; there are roles in the relationship. There are things that I do for the house and that my wife does. The washing machine broke, all my wife did was tell me that it was broke and went and started watching TV. I got on youtube and figured out how to fix it. She was baking one day and I told her "I think the cake is burning." She said, "do I tell you if the lawn is mowed crooked?" I shut up.

In short people are trying to examine relationships so deeply that they forget to even look at the surface. What works for one may not work for another. I'm happy with my marriage because we both talked early on about our visions on life. This has led to happiness. Are there bumps, hell yes, but they are resolved because we reach back to our basis of being together. Most cannot do that because either they are listening to others or wanting what someone else has without being willing to put in the work.

This is one of the reasons why I prefer reading articles where it gives background to the writer. How can you tell someone who has kids how to raise them if you never had kids, discuss relationships when you are not in one, talk about how to have a successful marriage if you are divorced, give divorce advice if you have never been divorced; and the list goes on.

If I have offended you as a woman I apologize.

Kendrick, men and women are not equal.

Why? Because that's the way God set it up. Men have a mandate - from God - to lead and have authority on this Earth. That's our responsibility. People who are rebelling against this divine order - feminists, gays, and apologists - are simply wrong.

Now, I don't think they should be mistreated. They deserve equal rights and equal protection under the law. Our women should be repsected and treated well. Honored even for fulfilling their valuable role in society. But, they have never been, aren't now, and never will be equal to men.

Don't act like men's natural place in this world is unjust or unfair. Because to do so is not to argue with us, but to argue with God.

You need to take that upstairs.

You just described privilege.

If straight black men are near or at the bottom in every relevant metric determining quality of life per this article how in the Hell are we privileged or the white people of black people?

Divide & Conquer people...

How can I deflect something that doesn't apply? When have I or anyone in my family went off on any of those tangents you mentioned? There has to be a privilege to exist for me to deflect from it.

"I think the article's intent was for us, as men as a whole, to examine how we treat our black women and girls"

Don't lie for the dude. That wasn't article's intent. It had nothing to do with examination and everything to do with immediate condemnation. This is the author performing projection of how HE treats and feels about black women. He thinks that we all think like he does.
Why don't you read well?

Yea I know that would be your answer because you are not grasping the concept but looking at from a writer's perspective.

In short the LBGT community has black, white, hispanics, men, and women. Straight black men just have straight black men. To state that we are white people of black people is about as sick as anything.

I would just like to know where this privilege is located.

Now if you want to talk discrimination I give you a list of ways I have been discriminated against.

I don't think he researched enough of society to even write the piece.

Also, a part of me really does not believe that some black women tell the truth. For example, I have told my mother that her generation has thrown out too many confusing messages to the younger black women. For example my mother will cook my father (when he was alive) his favorite meal, even fix his plate. Yet, would tell women they need to be independent and not worry about a man. .

Ok I called her and her friends out on it once. My question was simple, how do you women stay married 30 years but a woman in the present day can't stay married 5 years?

Moreover I don't think many black males are equally not honest. Be real with who you are and what you want.

It's like some women want to be married with a family; but lack the understanding of what it means to be a wife and vice versa for men.

I bullshit on the page but this is my take on marriage; there are roles in the relationship. There are things that I do for the house and that my wife does. The washing machine broke, all my wife did was tell me that it was broke and went and started watching TV. I got on youtube and figured out how to fix it. She was baking one day and I told her "I think the cake is burning." She said, "do I tell you if the lawn is mowed crooked?" I shut up.

In short people are trying to examine relationships so deeply that they forget to even look at the surface. What works for one may not work for another. I'm happy with my marriage because we both talked early on about our visions on life. This has led to happiness. Are there bumps, hell yes, but they are resolved because we reach back to our basis of being together. Most cannot do that because either they are listening to others or wanting what someone else has without being willing to put in the work.

This is one of the reasons why I prefer reading articles where it gives background to the writer. How can you tell someone who has kids how to raise them if you never had kids, discuss relationships when you are not in one, talk about how to have a successful marriage if you are divorced, give divorce advice if you have never been divorced; and the list goes on.

If I have offended you as a woman I apologize.

Also his moist azz provided absolutely no data to back to back up his bullshyt...

Black folk fighting over who gets treated worse in this white dominated society and some of y'all got the nerve to cape for this shyt...

Also his moist azz provided absolutely no data to back to back up his bullshyt...

Black folk fighting over who gets treated worse in this white dominated society and some of y'all got the nerve to cape for this shyt...

Hence my original post.

SMH...I'm so sick of articles placing more separation in our race. That's one of the reasons I don't read or follow a number of those websites.

Because straight men, regardless of race, don't have it tough. Never had it tough. Will never have it tough. We're privileged people. We have a lot of advantages simply because we have dicks. We're automatically placed in leadership positions (whether we're qualified or not). We often acquire a level of respect and reverence and power without having to earn it. And the examples he used to try to prove that it's hard because we're straight are really superficial. The complaints this article's thesis has received are rooted in threats to patriarchy that have empowered men. Being straight, and a man, is best possible position you can be in society. We all gotta realize that no matter the criticism.

You do mean straight white men right?

Provide the data for straight black men...

I'm caping for this shit cause I find lots of it to be true...might be where you are standing--male vs female side...

I'm caping for this shit cause I find lots of it to be true...might be where you are standing--male vs female side...

You think that this is true about your son(s), nephews, and men in your family? You believe they were born with some kind of automatic privilege as it relates to black on black interactions? You think that you have some kind of lack of privilege as it relates to any relationship that you had with a black man?

CT that's why I noted my original post....articles like these do nothing to enhance the overall black race. All it does is create more separation.

There are instances of these issues in every community and race and its due in large part to proximity and poverty..

Hell, lets just gloss over how blacks got in this situation due to slavery, jim crow and systematic racism...

This narrative is being pushed to further alienate the black community and tear us apart.

Divide & Conquer people...

Back