Magic Johnson debate turns into ESPN-on-ESPN racism claims

LeBatard better be careful with his rhetoric. Magic Johnson has earned everything he has gotten. He has gotten jobs no different than some of them white folks who got them. Actually alot of them have done less to get them.

Lebatard in my opinion is far from racist because I've heard him go to bat on racial issues and discrimination dealing with African Americans but his comments were pretty stupid.

I agree. And Stugotz absolutely roasted Keyshawn and LZ for implying that what Dan said had racial undertones/was racist.

Even if you don't agree with what Dan said, to imply that he's racist is reckless. Dan is Cuban and has stuck his neck out for black people more than actual black people like Sage Steele lol

Dan isn't racist from all accounts. He's never given off that perception in any of his statements, actions or commentary in my opinion after listening and reading him for years. But, I will say him intimating that Magic was unqualified for the position -- in a league where there are very few black executives to begin with and in an industry where there are few blacks in positions of leadership -- would leave an opening for some to conclude that Dan's criticism had racial undertones.

IMG_-gdjkdy_zpsxzz1hq4w.jpg

LeBatard better be careful with his rhetoric. Magic Johnson has earned everything he has gotten. He has gotten jobs no different than some of them white folks who got them. Actually alot of them have done less to get them.

AMEN!!!

I heard the actual show in its entirety and I myself did not see any racial undertones in the the discussion anywhere. Keyshon is reaching bigtime on this one

Back