Cartel turns over henchmen, apology for slain Americans

Olde Hornet

200.gif

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cartel-turns-over-henchmen-apology-133309725.html

Cartel turns over henchmen, apology for slain Americans

STORY: The suspected members of a drug cartel in Mexico are apologizing for the abduction and killing of several American citizens, and appear to have handed over five of their own henchmen to authorities said to have been involved.

That's according to a Reuters source and local media. Hearses carrying the bodies of the dead are seen here under police guard before they were repatriated Thursday.

The motive for the incident and exact timeline remain unclear.

It started on March 3 when gunmen in the border city of Matamoros opened fire on a group of four Americans shortly after their arrival in the area. They were found days later in a cabin on the edge of the city but two were dead, identified as Shaeed Woodard and Zindell Brown.

A Mexican source familiar with the investigation says they likely died from wounds in the initial attack. A Mexican woman was also killed.

Authorities initially said Monday the incident was likely a case of mistaken identity, and that the group had traveled to the city because one of the members was planning to have cosmetic surgery done there, citing U.S. officials and relatives.

An internal Mexican government document seen by Reuters, however, suggests a faction inside the Gulf Cartel was likely responsible, and that authorities are investigating the possibility that the cartel members may have believed the Americans were encroaching on their turf in drug trafficking.

Folks seriously need to educate themselves about the border cities before blindly going down there. I remember as a kid my aunt would organize shopping bus trips to Mexico for her church. This was the 80s before the cartels took over. We would park in Laredo then walk across the border to Nuevo Laredo. It was safe enough for kids to walk through the downtown area. Not anymore. You'll never find me in Matamoros, Nuevo Laredo or Juarez. I've had a negative perception of Matamoros since I was a kid because a white guy from near my hometown went over there and got abducted then tortured to death by a satanic cult.

I know medical tourism is a thing but its not worth the risk no matter how cheap it is. You can't even drink the water down there; there's no way I'm going under the knife.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Folks seriously need to educate themselves about the border cities before blindly going down there. I remember as a kid my aunt would organize shopping bus trips to Mexico for her church. This was the 80s before the cartels took over. We would park in Laredo then walk across the border to Nuevo Laredo. It was safe enough for kids to walk through the downtown area. Not anymore. You'll never find me in Matamoros, Nuevo Laredo or Juarez. I've had a negative perception of Matamoros since I was a kid because a white guy from near my hometown went over there and got abducted then tortured to death by a satanic cult.

I know medical tourism is a thing but its not worth the risk no matter how cheap it is. You can't even drink the water down there; there's no way I'm going under the knife.
So true. I use to go to Juarez back in the 90's when I would go out to El Paso. You couldn't pay me now.

Never been to Mexico. Unless you count some areas here in Houston. Hell, where I live, English is almost a foreign language.
You are much safer here, for what it's worth. America has well over twice as many citizens as Mexico, not far from three times as many relatively speaking. Even with those numbers, more citizens of Mexico are murdered each year than here in America.

For the year 2021 there were over 34,000 homicides in Mexico compared to a little over 26,000 homicides here in trigger happy gun toting America.

Those cartels ain't sorry. They know it's election season and these mofos running for office is going to use them as escape goats and both sides and shut that dope coming in down. It will be a lot of ignorance going on over the next few months for control and the lost of money. El Chopo was trying to get extradite back to Mexico to finish his time. She can definitely for get it now. Heads will roll because of this like it did back in boarder towns 15 -20 years ago. So sad!

Was talking to this Mexican guy a few months ago about these kidnappings. He said they think everyone from the US is rich and they can get big money from abductions.

Last edited:
I got a homeboy who used to cross over to nuevo laredo and hoop with these locals a few years back. He told me some crazy stories

When I lived in Tucson, AZ, we would drive to border. We would park and walk to Nogales Mexiico border. We would hang out at the strip clubs and clubs. The Mexican guys would look at us crazy, but never tried to fight. This was late 90’s/early 2000’s.

Let's hear them.
The craziest thing was they literally had like two games shot up (why they played after the first one is beyond me but you would have to know this brother to understand). One of the guys they was supposed to play with got kidnapped before the game. Some cartel members gambled on one of their games. They said the bars over there are great.

Steve is the same brother who once got stranded overnight on one of those puerto rico side islands when he missed the boat back to the main island and legit slept on the ground.

The craziest thing was they literally had like two games shot up (why they played after the first one is beyond me but you would have to know this brother to understand). One of the guys they was supposed to play with got kidnapped before the game. Some cartel members gambled on one of their games. They said the bars over there are great.

Steve is the same brother who once got stranded overnight on one of those puerto rico side islands when he missed the boat back to the main island and legit slept on the ground.
Slept on the ground? LOL!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Im just sayin.. when it comes to food I feel like Buford Hwy is one of the most slept on areas in Atl. They got Hispanic and Asian food on lock down over there. Also an honorable mention for College Park when it comes to New Orleans food. NO folks have taken up root over there and they actually offer fresh crawfish a couple of times a week. They drive all the way back to New Orleans to get them joints and king cakes. Yea I know that aint got nothin to do with this but still.

I wouldn't be surprise that those families get some money sent their way on the side.
Right.

I also don't believe it was just a medical procedure. I looked on our satellite maps and from where they were all they had to do was drive straight...the hospital has a big ass red sign on top of it.

Right.

I also don't believe it was just a medical procedure. I looked on our satellite maps and from where they were all they had to do was drive straight...the hospital has a big ass red sign on top of it.
They may have gotten kidnapped as soon as they entered the town. They could have gotten lost. Plenty of scenarios could have happened.

Back