What AAMUs Transfer class of 2022 taught me

PBSwag77

1. Championships aren’t won on social media.
2. If you don’t have a competent QB, nothing else matters.
3. If you were a 4 ⭐️ in HS and you hit the portal, you’re not a 4 ⭐️ college player.
4. Developing your homegrown players is still the best way to build a program.
5. Academics matter, all transfer credits don’t transfer with the players.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
1. Championships aren’t won on social media.
2. If you don’t have a competent QB, nothing else matters.
3. If you were a 4 ⭐️ in HS and you hit the portal, you’re not a 4 ⭐️ college player.

4. Developing your homegrown players is still the best way to build a program.
5. Academics matter, all transfer credits don’t transfer with the players.

The bolded are very important especially #2 which can literally be the difference between 1-2 wins and 6-7 wins in the SWAC

#4 requires a healthy balance. Deion got a lot of these schools thinking you have to go full rebuild mode via the Transfer Portal and that's not feasible in football unless you got someone of that statue

The bolded are very important especially #2 which can literally be the difference between 1-2 wins and 6-7 wins in the SWAC

#4 requires a healthy balance. Deion got a lot of these schools thinking you have to go full rebuild mode via the Transfer Portal and that's not feasible in football unless you got someone of that statue
JSU would’ve been a 5-6 win team without Shedeur. That backup QB they had was terrible.

You don't know what we would have been. If Shedeur wasn't the qb it would have been some other top notch recruit lol.
Just going off what y’all had on the roster. Y’all did right by keeping him upright bc oh boy that team looked different when he wasn’t playing.

Also, JSU been told yall this stuff. The reason we got in trouble 11 years ago was we had transfers with good grades but their JUCO hours didnt transfer. So they would be a Jr on the field but So in the classroom.

Also, we told yall.. ALL TRANSFERS are not the same.

On top of that, its not about the players. It's about the program. We are building a real program in Jackson.

Just going off what y’all had on the roster. Y’all did right by keeping him upright bc oh boy that team looked different when he wasn’t playing.

A quarter and a half (against aamu) ain't enough sample size to say. JP is actually better than a lot of the QBs that were in the Swac this season. A good qb can definitely keep you in contention for the the Swac crown. A good defense and a decent qb can win it though.

I dont get your #1 if you reppin AAMU.
Social media is important, but I felt like we had way too much hype about the transfers we brought in. The hype machine was crazy for us. I’m all about the ball this season. Definitely wanna be there for spring game to see who’s actually on the team.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Social media is important, but I felt like we had way too much hype about the transfers we brought in. The hype machine was crazy for us. I’m all about the ball this season. Definitely wanna be there for spring game to see who’s actually on the team.
The problem is Patton Hall for us. Notice the receiver who caught the pass to win against Texas Southern for us didn't get cleared to play until that last game.

JSU would’ve been a 5-6 win team without Shedeur. That backup QB they had was terrible.

I saw why he never played at OSU after just a few plays (highly inaccurate and a big reason why you don't automatically assume P5 transfers are better than 0 star guys)

I'd rather have Jalen Jones than him

This is why Alcorn just moves along quiet as kept. Hype sells opening day tickets but winning brings fans and acclaim throughout

Back