Morris Brown College Marching Wolverines vs. Tuskegee University - Fall 1999

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I'm just curious. What is the state of Herndon Stadium these days? When AAMU played MBC in the 80s, I thought it was a unique stadium for an HBCU to have in that time. Then the 96 olympics came and it was spruced up to something very very nice. Fast Fwd to a couple years later, it was unkept and falling apart, particularly when MBC had to abandon its athletics.

Have they done anything with it as of late?

Last edited:
I'm just curious. What is the state of Herndon Stadium these days? When AAMU played MBC in the 80s, I thought it was a unique stadium for an HBCU to have in that time. Then the 96 olympics came and it was spruced up to something very very nice. Fast Fwd to a couple years later, it was unkept and falling apart, particularly when MBC had to abandon its athletics.

That stadium is beyond repair it seems...

I guess vandals have easy access to Morris Brown's campus, they trashed that stadium?

If they ever decide to renovate itll be a great day in Atlanta. The city should be ashamed of what they let happen to Herndon..it could have been used as another APS stadium to use instead of having the westside school drive to Lakewood & Grady Stadium.

My senior year we played Washington at Herndon and it was their homecoming..the entire home side was sold out and a few sections of the visiting side was at well. That was probably the last time the stadium was used for a game and it showed the possibilities. I’m still holding on to hope APS can use it one day.

TOO MUCH vandalism to this Olympic gift. I really hate that. NOT sure if it needs to be demolished as it MAY still be structurally strong and just in need of a lot of internal repairs. Yeah, the stadium could have been leased out to APS for high school games as well as other events. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Now that Morris Brown is accredited once again, students can now apply for FEDERAL financial aid as they did before. The AUC is just not the AUC WITHOUT the heartbeat of dear ole MBC. I'm glad to see her rise again....its just going to take time to overcome a lot of challenges. But, I believe they can do it.

Back