Haymer is jealous of the Fabulous Dolls

The Prancing J-Settes, the originators, gave us, Bucking, costume changes at halftime and each game, call and response dancing in the stands... (8 counts), entering the field from the visitor's side of the field by hiding behind band members before a performance. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Bye! :)
What is bucking?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
tsu gray, Come on man! I generally have a lot of respect for your posts, but I cannot believe you would lend your signature and your good name to such a ridiculous account.

The Prancing J-Settes, the originators, gave us, Bucking, costume changes at halftime and each game, call and response dancing in the stands... (8 counts), entering the field from the visitor's side of the field by hiding behind band members before a performance. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Bye! :)

True! But no one wanna give the J-Settes their props but the Smithsonian magazine, who addressed bucking in Jan/Feb 2017 issue.

Behind the drum majors, swinging their hips and smiling, are ten young women known as the Prancing J-Settes. They’re wearing silver boots, blue-and-silver capes, and showgirl leotards with sequins and tassels. Nicknamed “The Thrill of a Million Eyes,” the J-Settes were recently voted the best female danceline of all the historically black college marching bands.

These dancelines developed out of the drum majorette tradition. They gave up batons to concentrate on dance. They claim to have pioneered a raunchy pelvic thrusting move known as “bucking” that has since become widespread in dancelines.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts...nic-boom-south-180961436/#C8qJCy5Y8yyYHTxt.99

I really was not going to comment but the truth needs to be said. Haymer is not jealous of the DOLLS. He actually is embracing the popularity of the dolls, because he knows through good marketing what can happen.. But it does come at a cost.

The Dolls have become their own BRAND. Truth is they are the most popular dance squad in all of HBCU.. BUT Social Media has played apart in it. SuperBowl with Madonna. The dolls did not have to audition, Madonna's head choreographer saw a YouTube video of them and the rest is history. Beyonce lemonade documentary.. All of the DOLLS that year were in the documentary.. Hence my next part. Viral Videos.. If you look at the Viral Videos under Haymer that have become some of YouTube's most watch... NONE are from HJB media all are or most of them are from Marvin another SU video person. If you look at his vids. Most of his vids showcase the Dolls.. you just hear the band, take Adele Hello.. Can't Stand the rain or most recent "The Weekend,all are mostly featuring the dolls with the band in the background. People may not like Haymer but his philosophy is simple like most bands, NOTHING is bigger then the band.. We are a unit Together.. btw if Haymer was Jealous of the dolls, why did he let them do a Pantene commercial. And btw HJB media has already said they they will be doing a Dolls Media page on YouTube.

All I can say is that they both have a huge fanbase. But the Dolls fanbase grows daily.

The J-Settes have been on the map for decades. The Dolls just recently started receiving a little notoriety with the help of Marvin Price and youtube. Under Greggs, the Dolls were known as the "pretty light skinned girls" who couldn't dance, they didn't even dance in the stands. They're not as pretty as the Greggs Dolls, but they still are stiff as a board. lol

Last edited:
The J-Settes have been on the map for decades. The Dolls just recently started receiving a little notoriety with the help of Marvin Price and youtube. Under Greggs, the Dolls were known as the "pretty light skinned girls" who couldn't dance, they didn't even dance in the stands. They're not as pretty as the Greggs Dolls, but they still are stiff as a board. lol

Lol Marivin Price? You just lost all credibility. I think all organizations will be become more popular with social media, right? Smh.....

Truth!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I just have a problem with female dancers who carry a masculine twist.
If you're saying that about the J-Settes, then you may need to look in the mirror. The J-Settes are the thrill of a million eyes, except yours....for whatever reason.

If you're saying that about the J-Settes, then you may need to look in the mirror. The J-Settes are the thrill of a million eyes, except yours....for whatever reason.

What are you talking about? I did not mention the J-settes! In fact, I may have been on the wrong thread.

You do realize Dancing Doll alums who you said can't dance have led countless NFL and NBA dance teams across the country since the late 80s at the very least. The Dolls always could dance, not booty shake and they still dance that way. If anything Doc Greggs influence on the dolls are finally being appreciated by the masses instead of all the ass shaking black dance teams did during my time marching in the band. I still remember Doc saying anybody can shake their ass.

Now this is some unadulterated jealousy coupled with hate....LOL This post reminds me of a minority of bitter Clarence Thomas, Allen Keys, Uncle Ruckus dark folks that have skin color issues...LMAO!

Now this is some unadulterated jealousy coupled with hate....LOL This post reminds me of a minority of bitter Clarence Thomas, Allen Keys, Uncle Ruckus dark folks that have skin color issues...LMAO!

So let me get this straight. A group of guys from Jstank and 1 from TiSsUe are jealous of a female dance squad?

1218420D-F057-490C-BF0E-BA34DA542564.gif

But without Marvin Price filming the Dolls, they wouldn’t be on Social Media
es001o.jpg

Interesting that the subject of skin color issues would come from someone from southern. Hahahahaha!!!
And other than Haymer, who said they were jealous of the dancing dolls? Reading and comprehension go together in case you didn't know.

Back