This Flight Attendant's Viral "Hotel Security Routine" Shows Exactly What You're NOT Doing, And I'm Taking Notes

Olde Hornet

Allyah begins her routine by checking various areas of the room upon arrival before settling in, making sure she's actually alone and safe. "I check anything that I can’t directly see behind: doors, curtains, large cabinets, under beds, and box springs (because it’s hollow in there)," she told BuzzFeed. "[It] may seem a bit dramatic, but bodies have been found in spaces like that in the past."​

Allyah then demonstrates a tip she learned from another experienced flight attendant — to use a hanger to check behind the curtains in case someone is hiding behind them. "If they grab something, it'll be a hanger and not you," she says in the video.​

She also secures her hotel room with an extra portable door lock, which she explained provides "more protection" than the regular hotel locks. "I feel like the hotel locks are there to give you a peace of mind, but in reality, they’re not very hard to maneuver past."​

Back