pics of new AAMU band uniforms.

DAHILL

sorry so big lol.... didnt know how to make them smaller from my phone.

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Nice new digs!!! But aren't they just like FAMU's but without the cape? I'm talking about the icon on the pants stripe, the shako, and the chest stripe (down the right).

But nice, nonetheless... :tup::tup:

Nice new digs!!! But aren't they just like FAMU's but without the cape? I'm talking about the icon on the pants stripe, the shako, and the chest stripe (down the right).

I was thinking that it was very rattlerish myself...Minus those awful colors.

only simularity is icon down the pants stripe..... AAMU had shakos when FAMU had box hats... not only till mid 90s did AAMU have the normal box hats... this is basically a throwback late 80s uniform.

That is true. :tup:
only simularity is icon down the pants stripe..... AAMU had shakos when FAMU had box hats... not only till mid 90s did AAMU have the normal box hats... this is basically a throwback late 80s uniform.

Was FAMn the first to do the pant leg like that? I guess Ive seen enough bands do it...to where I don't get that FAMn feel from A&M's unis.

Nice unis, though. Not a big fan of shakos...but, those don't look bad. I like the DM hats, too.

Ps- Make sure you keep an eye on the fields with these pics. Cuz, this might be the first and last time you see them hats gleem like that...:lol:

famu isnt the icon of that shako

a&m's band has been wearin that .. lol

I made a donation a couple weeks ago at the corner of Winchester and Moores Mills to help with unis Good job A&M! I see the dancing girls are changing their outfits before halftime now. The MMW has come into some dollars.

New Uniforms (check)
New Horns (check)
New sprinkler system for the band field (check)
Just gotta get that "interim" tag removed and we will be good...

I uploaded this video lol...
Thanks, by the way. I had been looking for that video for a very long time. They disabled the sound for a while on YouTube. It was the 1989 Magic City Classic. I was in the 9th grade. That show convinced me to go to AAMU and join the Marching Maroon & White in 1993.

Those uniforms in the YouTube video had been in use for a while then. The uniforms in use before the ones in the YouTube video had a white overlay instead of the maroon ones. To reaffirm what DaHill was saying, the new uniforms are a 1980's-early 1990's throwback, with the exception of the logo on the legs.

Also, shout out to Director Yates for the old school block dance band formation - sousaphones rolling up the 50 yard line!

Last edited:
Thanks, by the way. I had been looking for that video for a very long time. They disabled the sound for a while on YouTube. It was the 1989 Magic City Classic. I was in the 9th grade. That show convinced me to go to AAMU and join the Marching Maroon & White in 1993.

Those uniforms in the YouTube video had been in use for a while then. The uniforms in use before the ones in the YouTube video had a white overlay instead of the maroon ones. To reaffirm what DaHill was saying, the new uniforms are a 1980's-early 1990's throwback, with the exception of the logo on the legs.

Also, shout out to Director Yates for the old school block dance band formation - sousaphones rolling up the 50 yard line!

Yea I had to uploader it to vimeo and then to YouTube... We went up the fifty ONCE in practice and we never did it again lol. I damn near killed a saxophone player that year lol

Back