Most of You in Here Are Smarter Than Me, This is for Those Who didn't Know This History of Seminoles like me

I was talking to one of my line brothers about this earlier this week. We are fighters. We fought when we were kidnapped. We fought on the way to the coast. We fought on the ships. We fought getting off the ships. We fought on the plantations. Those of us who gave them the most hell were sent to "The Deep South" (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana) then we fought in the swamps. We fought Jim Crow. We fought the police and the FBI.

No matter how disheartened this generation may make us feel, we must keep fighting and teaching. We have the Universe on our side.

I was talking to one of my line brothers about this earlier this week. We are fighters. We fought when we were kidnapped. We fought on the way to the coast. We fought on the ships. We fought getting off the ships. We fought on the plantations. Those of us who gave them the most hell were sent to "The Deep South" (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana) then we fought in the swamps. We fought Jim Crow. We fought the police and the FBI.

No matter how disheartened this generation may make us feel, we must keep fighting and teaching. We have the Universe on our side.
Another good study to go along with the topics of this thread is the Gullahs. Back in the 90s I thought Gullah Gullah Island was just a cool Saturday Morning Cartoon for kids until a History Teacher hipped me to who the Gullahs were.

Even with the character "Geechie Dan Buford," from the movie Uptown Saturday Night played by Harry Belafonte, it was based out of that tribe and culture, it blew my mind and helped me to first understand that melanted peeps did indeed fight back and did all kinds of rebellious actions that will purposely never be in our history books unless we look it all up and write the stories ourselves.

Much love and respect to our ancestors that survived and did what they did for our bloodline to keep going.

Back