Florida A&M University (FAMU) Receives $237 Million Gift

Eavesdropping The Wire GIF by HBO

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nope! I'm done! I tried to give them folks the benefit of the doubt by giving them more credit for having a clue than those who accused them of not having a clue based on the information available at the time. But when members of the FAMU Foundation board indicate they had no idea this gift was being made, there is nothing else to defend.

I'm done!
Lets Go Ugh GIF by Law & Order

1715366129379.png

Damn. I'm not even one of the smart FAMU grads and even I knew something didn't sound right. Just damn.

On my life, I feel I could have chosen a few random Black Barbers from Tallahassee to vet this guy & they would have sniffed this scam out. I respect anyone who has earned a degree , but I've always been more personally impressed with those with degrees or advanced degrees in the hard sciences( Physics, Engineering, etc..). I always assumed their critical thinking skills were elite or very good. Larry Robinson has degrees in Chemistry & advanced in Nuclear Chemistry & couldn't see through this basic scam ?

Robinson should have the decency to resign. Stroud ( is her name? ) should be dealt with as well.

Damn. I'm not even one of the smart FAMU grads and even I knew something didn't sound right. Just damn.
but Venom you posted this news quick as hell on both forums after I posted the news about A&M's 1.2 million from John Stallworth...you was too excited about that 237 Milli mane...my gran gran once said to me don't count your chickens...you know the rest🧐😭🤣

On my life, I feel I could have chosen a few random Black Barbers from Tallahassee to vet this guy & they would have sniffed this scam out. I respect anyone who has earned a degree , but I've always been more personally impressed with those with degrees or advanced degrees in the hard sciences( Physics, Engineering, etc..). I always assumed their critical thinking skills were elite or very good. Larry Robinson has degrees in Chemistry & advanced in Nuclear Chemistry & couldn't see through this basic scam ?

Robinson should have the decency to resign. Stroud ( is her name? ) should be dealt with as well.
Void of common sense in this case.

Yep - book smarts ain't street smarts

The irony is that he is a grad of 2 PWI's ( Memphis State & Washington University), but his arrogant attempt to circumvent his Trustees will leave a black eye for FAMU & other HBCU's. FAMU lost no money here , but it gives ammunition to those who feel negatively about donating to HBCU'S in general.

but Venom you posted this news quick as hell on both forums after I posted the news about A&M's 1.2 million from John Stallworth...you was too excited about that 237 Milli mane...my gran gran once said to me don't count your chickens...you know the rest🧐😭🤣
Hell when they announced it I wanted it to be real. With the string of luck that we've had with money over the last couple of years this would have completely transformed our campus into what we think it should be. Then I remembered what type of kneegrows we are dealing with in our admin and instead of dreaming about what could be i started looking up questions that I had which led to more questions. I didnt see the news about 1.2 mil from John Stallworth. Congrats on that.

Back