Costco Will Give You Free Groceries in Exchange for Old Electronics; Here’s How To Take Advantage

Olde Hornet

How does Costco’s Trade-Up program work?​

Costco’s Trade-Up program, operated in partnership with Phobio, allows customers to exchange a range of old electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and gaming consoles. The process is simple and user-friendly. Customers can visit the program’s dedicated website and choose the specific device they wish to trade up.

Once selected, the website will give an estimate based on the device’s condition and the market value. If the customer agrees to the offer, they can print a free shipping label to send the device to Costco for verification. Once Costco receives and inspects the device, a Costco Card equivalent to the agreed value will be issued, which can be received either digitally or physically via mail.

There are, however, some restrictions to bear in mind. Damaged or non-functional items will not be accepted, and specific devices may have particular trade-in stipulations, such as a minimum storage capacity. Therefore, it’s advisable to check the site’s criteria for each device before initiating a trade.

Just know, those whole wait until we receive and verify it often suck. I did it with a phone and they tried to claim there was damage to the phone that definitely wasn't there when it was shipped. I ended up telling them to just send it back to me.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back