Thoughts on the Alcorn BCU "Battle by the Beach" game

Brave

Da Better U get, Da Better we get & That's IT
https://www.facebook.com/MEACSWACChallenge/videos

Must admit I'm not to familiar with the schemes BCU runs on both sides of the ball or their typical philosophy. I can't really gauge this game for the Braves because I don't know the opponent enough. I know Grambling has played them recently, who else knows this team. Are they similar to how Bama St plays with the Jenkins connection?

Typical MEAC team. Run first. Defensive minded.

That Grambling game was an anomaly because their defense was bad so BCU looked like world beaters on offense. Then the next week they barely beat Lane 7-3.

If Alcorn plays like they did in the Celebration Bowl, it's gonna be another nail biter (only this time no Cohen)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Just like the Celebration Bowl, I think this is a bad matchup for Alcorn. BCU Has a good run D like most Meac teams, but Gram was absolutely killing them in the pass game. Alcorn not built to beat teams thru the air. BCU by 14. I hope I'm wrong though.

For some reason I thought BCU passed more, ok well hopefully Alcorn's trenches are up to the task defensively

BC plays very physical football, but if GSU's defense could have played at a D+ level, the G-Men would have beaten them convincingly. Alcorn is in for a war, but a win for the Braves is very possible in my eyes.

BC plays very physical football, but if GSU's defense could have played at a D+ level, the G-Men would have beaten them convincingly. Alcorn is in for a war, but a win for the Braves is very possible in my eyes.
Wow, it was that bad?

Bethune Cookman QB's vs GSU 2015

Quinton Williams 17-22 244 3 TD's
Larry Brihm 17-26 219 3TD's

56 points in 3 quarters to a FCS program at home?

This is why I thought they passed, I remember checking these stats

The last few years since Hobson first got there the Passing defense has been the strength of the defense and team.. Every good rushing attack Alcorn struggles (ex.PV, NCA&T, Bama St with Crowell) so if BCU runs the ball like y'all say I think Alcorn will struggle, I still think they can win though if the Offense has a better passing game then what was shown against A&T

Okay let me explain something for you SWAC Brothers. BCU has won 5 MEAC Conference Championships and finished 2nd one year over the last six years. BCU can run or pass it depends on whatever the other team gives them. Another thing, we are just a small church school , that like to "prey" together. See you in Daytona.

Okay let me explain something for you SWAC Brothers. BCU has won 5 MEAC Conference Championships and finished 2nd one year over the last six years.

Let me correct you...

Bethune-Cookman has only won ONE outright MEAC title in the last six years (2012)
2010: Shared with SC State and FAMU (one-third)
2013: Shared with SC State (one-half)
2014: Shared with Morgan State, NC A&T, NC Central and SC State (one-fifth)
2015: Shared with NC A&T and NC Central (one-third)

That's a whole lot of sharing. Since B-CU is a "church school" I think it's awfully Christian of you guys sharing the glory with your brethren in the MEAC.

Good luck against Alcorn.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I got BCU... Alcorn won't be as good as they were last year and BCU is a rock solid program. They didn't miss a beat when Jenkins left. That's not saying the Jenkins effect didn't help last year and could be about to wear off.

BCUs band gonna slaugher Alcorn.

And to be clear.. I am going for Alcorn/SWAC!

I got BCU... Alcorn won't be as good as they were last year and BCU is a rock solid program. They didn't miss a beat when Jenkins left. That's not saying the Jenkins effect didn't help last year and could be about to wear off.

BCU band can't slaughter anyone let alone Alcorn. That book is anemic. They have a great sound though

BCU band can't slaughter anyone let alone Alcorn. That book is anemic. They have a great sound though

Alcorn will lose on sound quality and arrangement but you do have a better book. Most MEAC bands don't practice enough to have a real book. Halftime tho......

Alcorn must have returned your application and said ..damn you......you stay hating huh..

It truly depends on on much McNair added to the offense. I hope like crazy he added to Kaiss scheme. Cause there were a lot of times last year when we left a lot of points off the board. A slight drop in the pass D the first game. Got to give the new secondary time to get those feet wet. Hopefully the first game will get them communicating and playing well together.

Ninja PLEASE
1. BCU hasn't updated their stand book in years.

2.Murray has the Sounds getting better each year.

3.Take this comment and the the rest of your hate over to the band room. We talking football over here,

BCU fairly balanced...they'll run right at you and they'll throw it on you. They are very physical and quick. Them and SCSU are probably the two most physical teams in the MEAC, IMO

I'm interested to see how they'll look this season with Quentin Williams gone and two years removed from the Brian Jenkins era.

BCU fairly balanced...they'll run right at you and they'll throw it on you. They are very physical and quick. Them and SCSU are probably the two most physical teams in the MEAC, IMO

I'm interested to see how they'll look this season with Quentin Williams gone and two years removed from the Brian Jenkins era.

how was NC A&T able to beat BCU & SC state? Is Broadway that good of a coach.....has he turned the tide in a usually BCU & SC state dominated league?

I watched them against Miami, they are sound. We got our work cut out for us

Back