Cavs v. OKC: Your Thoughts

Some people just don't have it in em. That is the issue with OKC. Got talent but lack that killer instinct.

They had killer instinct against the best team -- at least going by regular season play -- the Spurs have ever had in the previous round and through the first four games against a GSW that won more games than anyone in history.

The final few minutes were bad, but it took Klay Thompson to shoot out of his mind for the Warriors to win.

I think OKC might shock the world with a close game 7 win in Oakland. The Cavs will win the series in 5 with OKC. This is the Cavs year and they are going all out for the title.

The Thunder going back to Hero Ball gave Steph the last laugh
I don't understand how they keep going to that. Running the offense has them up, then suddenly Hero ball creeps it's way back in and they suddenly end up down double-digits.

All I know is I told my sons DON'T try playing ball like GSW, that don't work in real life

Reactions: JR

I like what Stephen A Smith suggested as far as getting a PG like Mike Conley who can run the show and move Westbrook to his natural SG spot.

If they got a serviceable PG to run the show and KD (who would have to sign a 2 year deal with an opt out after one, similar to what Lebron has this year) and Westbrook still play Hero Ball, let both of them walk in 2017.

Reactions: JR
I like what Stephen A Smith suggested as far as getting a PG like Mike Conley who can run the show and move Westbrook to his natural SG spot.

If they got a serviceable PG to run the show and KD (who would have to sign a 2 year deal with an opt out after one, similar to what Lebron has this year) and Westbrook still play Hero Ball, let both of them walk in 2017.
Waiters is hero ball extraordinaire also. That's why LeBron ran him out of Cleveland.

I agree. Same thing Miami knew with D Wade. He was a combo guard who happened to be a good passer and ball handler. But he was a scorer. So Riles made sure he had a PG to play next to him at all times.

Waiters is a Restricted FA. I would let him bounce. Get a PG and re-sign KD. They need some toughness as well. Ibaka has tried to become a stretch 4. I liked his old game versus this version of him. When he led the NBA in blocks.

Waiters is hero ball extraordinaire also. That's why LeBron ran him out of Cleveland.

Waiters got to go. Not only Lebron didn't like him. I heard him and Kyrie were always into it. LOL. I still wish they had kept Wiggins instead of getting Love. We will see if Love shows up in this finals.

He thought way too high of himself when he was in Cleveland. He had the same role in OKC as Reggie Jackson and James Harden

Waiters will be like Reggie Jackson. He has shown he can play in the league and could actually be a main piece on a young team but still needs time to grow into being "The Man".

He thought way too high of himself when he was in Cleveland. He had the same role in OKC as Reggie Jackson and James Harden

Waiters will be like Reggie Jackson. He has shown he can play in the league and could actually be a main piece on a young team but still needs time to grow into being "The Man".
If he thinks he will be "the man" he will always have issues on his teams. I can't think of a place he can go and be "the man" except maybe (big maybe) Philly.

Curry and Klay play hero ball a lot. The only difference is they happen to make their shots.
I believe it was Jamelle Hill that pointed that out on ESPN when Michael Smith was trying to talk about OKC and their Hero Balling. A good number of those 3's Steph and Klay take are horrible shots that aren't within the offense, but since they make such a high percentage of them no one says anything about it.

The ball movement does. 3 point shooting is another story. Either you have shooters or you don't.
Unfortunately watching the middle school games while I'm running the clock, all these kids want to just come out and shoot a ton of 3s .No one wants to post up or attack the rim. I swear the coaches are going to go bald soon because of it. lol

Unfortunately watching the middle school games while I'm running the clock, all these kids want to just come out and shoot a ton of 3s .No one wants to post up or attack the rim. I swear the coaches are going to go bald soon because of it. lol
My son plays middle school ball now so I know. His coaches are on them about unnecessary 3s so they don't shoot as many now but they attack the rim and play pressure defense so they get more layups than anything. They have some shooters too though.

Back