Roots: Official Trailer | Premieres Memorial Day 2016 | History

Big risk, should you really try to repaint a masterpiece? Will check it out.

Hopefully, we will see a little more resistance in this one. The notion that our people just sat back and were passive for the most part is really misleading, and does a disservice to their legacy.

Hopefully, we will see a little more resistance in this one. The notion that our people just sat back and were passive for the most part is really misleading, and does a disservice to their legacy.

Different time when Alex Haley made the series. I'm sure he was trying to appease his audience. It may not be that way for this Movie.

From the previews I think we will see more than just that. I just pray they don't water it down.

I see it working.
Also...Note to self, never watch trailers about Roots or anything similar while at work around a bunch of white folks!!!!

Why not? Those are the folks these shows really get made for lol. They love slave shows/movies.

ABM (angry black man) syndrome, wanted to take over!!!
I started giving folks the side eye o_O, just becasue! :) :D

I feel you on this. I remember I watched Rosewood when it came out and then went to work the same night around the White folks. Sigh....let's just say it was a long night.

Yeah, they are taking some liberties...who knew Kunta fought w/the British for a hot minute?

Dude, if we're not the ones writing and paying for the scripts, it'll ALWAYS be misleading, so don't be shocked when you do see a lot of misleading junk.
I KNOW our history, so there's no need for me to watch this nonsense because it's a form of mind control and psychological enslavement.
Our history was far more than a mere 400 years. It's more than 40,000 years plus, but we won't hear much about that part of our majestic history pre-colonialism.

Reactions: J C
Dude, if we're not the ones writing and paying for the scripts, it'll ALWAYS be misleading, so don't be shocked when you do see a lot of misleading junk.
I KNOW our history, so there's no need for me to watch this nonsense because it's a form of mind control and psychological enslavement.
Our history was far more than a mere 400 years. It's more than 40,000 years plus, but we won't hear much about that part of our majestic history pre-colonialism.

I'm confused. I've watched episodes 1 - 3 but I don't see the nonsense, mind control, and psychological enslavement. Maybe it'll come out tomorrow night.

Back