New "Lynching" Museum to be built in Montgomery

HORNETSWARM

http://www.fastcoexist.com/3056859/...-would-recognize-americas-legacy-of-lynchings
This Stunning National Memorial Would Recognize America's Legacy Of Lynchings
Located in Montgomery, Alabama, this proposed museum and memorial would help the country remember—and hopefully heal—from one of the most shameful pieces of our history.
Please read rest of article
3056859-inline-lynching-memorial-1.jpg

3056859-inline-lynching-memorial-3.jpg

Last edited:

No way in hell would i take my kid there. Some shrine for white folks to glorify their massacre of black people? I really hope the black panthers or someone burns that mofo down

One of the big debates when we were restoring the old Greyhound Bus Station where the Freedom Riders were severely beaten in 1961 was whether to maintain the "Colored Only" entrance. Some advocated that the entrance should not be designated like it was in 1961 but keep the signage that was later changed removing the "Colored Only" designation. It was decided as painful as it may be for some, we should restore the Bus Station to look as it did in 1961 and not 1975. Our focus was documenting authentic History. I would not have a problem with the proposed Lynching Museum. If any of you are ever on the Tuskegee campus, visit their archives and view the lynching files maintained by the university.

Do the Germans get to relive their glory days when they visit the Holocaust Museum? Bryan Stevenson and the EJI have identified slave pens and auction site up and down one of the most historic streets (Dexter Ave) in America.

I’m sorry, I can’t be down with this one….. a “Lynching” Museum….really. I thought this was some kind of inside joke or something. I don’t see where something like this could add value other than a nice cushy coordinator/director job for somebody. So what’s next, a “Rape” Museum to explain why blacks in American come in so many skin tones?

Back