Hawaii phenom QB Tua Tagovailoa commits to Alabama

EB

The Crimson Tide influence extends to Hawai’i. Then again signing day is in February.

I will paraphrase Dabo Swinney’s words. There is a big reason why they are winning. It is recruiting. Swinney, a former walk-on, was on the 1992 national championship team that defeated Miami in the Sugar Bowl and later was an assistant at Alabama.

----------

www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/05/hawaii_4-star_qb_tua_tagovailo.html

-----

"I feel like I'm home there:" Hawaii phenom QB Tua Tagovailoa commits to Alabama

By Erik Evans
on May 3, 2016, 4:40a

Good news to go with your coffee, Alabama has got its man and the quarterback of the future in the commitment of Honolulu (St. Louis) prep star, Tua Tagovailoa (pronounced Too-Ah Tag-Oh-Vie-Loe-Ah.)

"I feel like I'm home over there," Tagovailoa told KHON2. "Everybody on Sunday goes to church and that's something big in my life as far as spirituality. I couldn't ask for anything better." The 6-foot-1, 210-pound Tagovailoa is the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 61 overall recruit. He recently visited Tuscaloosa on an SEC stop that also included Auburn and Ole Miss. Other finalists included USC, UCLA, Texas A&M and Hawaii. "Coach Nick Saban is a really good guy and a really humble man," Tagovailoa told KHON2. "Soft-spoken, but the words hit."

…..

Last edited:

star jackson, andrew zow et al. they'll find some reason to play some kid with a name like Chip Smitz or Blake Connley to play in front of him for 3 of his 4 years and then they'll snatch him after a pick in his second start.

star jackson, andrew zow et al. they'll find some reason to play some kid with a name like Chip Smitz or Blake Connley to play in front of him for 3 of his 4 years and then they'll snatch him after a pick in his second start.

Jeremy Johnson at Auburn? Lol...the hate for Bama is real.

Jermy johnson followed nick marshall. When has alabama ever had 2 black qb starters in a row?....never! the hate isn't real but the facts are.

Jeremy skill set does not fit Malzhan spread offense. He would have had a better chance of playing in Saban's pro-style offense. Fact! It's too much pressure on these coaches to win today than to play racial politics with the QB position. I've heard Saban say the team rallying around a particular QB is the deciding factor in who wins the starting job. Fact!

Jeremy skill set does not fit Malzhan spread offense. He would have had a better chance of playing in Saban's pro-style offense. Fact! It's too much pressure on these coaches to win today than to play racial politics with the QB position. I've heard Saban say the team rallying around a particular QB is the deciding factor in who wins the starting job. Fact!
jeremy might indeed fit saban's scheme better particularly because he doesn't want to run, but guess what? saban didn't recruit him. wonder why he didn't recruit the gatorade player of the year in alabama?

Honestly, because they are Alabama and they dont need him lol. I don't even like Alabama but they get basically whoever they want.

Reactions: J C
Honestly, because they are Alabama and they dont need him lol. I don't even like Alabama but they get basically whoever they want.

To keep them winning on a consistent level. Major is harping over Mike Shula and his treatment of Andrew Zow. Walter Lewis had no problem starting at Bama and their black QB last year led them to the semi final of the championship game.

Last edited:

Back