Why do we have issues with mentioning fathers?

skyvolt2000

This was something bought up with Gabby Douglas with her mother getting all the attention and everyone acting like her father was not in her life.

Now it looks like it's Tyler James Williams's turn

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/10/how-to-successfully-balance-family-parenting-and-entertainment/

Mom is putting out a new book. Her bio mentions she is married. Now this is new to me because I have never heard not one of those boy mention a father or even seen her with him (unless I missed it).

Why do we have this issue of we will showcase Mom like crazy and ignore the father who is actually around. This is the same mess I wondered when we saw Trayvon's and others families.

It was like there was some movement to enforce the single mother image when it doesn't need to be and when research has shown black men are more active in their kids lives than any other race.

But the moment these kids screw up-DAD suddenly gets blamed.

Being a father in our kids life or not, is a catch 22/we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't situation.
But what is going to happen and is happening, you start looking at other races and notice that for those dads that are not there, the kids are just as bad if not worse.
Look at the man who shot nine people at the community college before killing himself. His father wasn't in his life for the last few years and admitted on TV that he didn't know his son had so many guns.
The white media has a hard time dealing with their own reality so it is easier to showcase the failings in other races.

It is damned if you do and damned if you don't. As a father the outside world does not know how much you are there until some shit happens.

Back