Looks like the midnight madness botb will be a packed house....

How so? As a band? They have an engagement, and stopping by on their way somewhere?

I don't think they are coming as a band. They actually have a game that weekend at their own house on the 19th. But I think just a contingent of their band alums may be just show up for the battle is all.

They do play Grambling the week before on the 12th in Grambling. Don't know if they are making that trip to perform or not.

I don't think they are coming as a band. They actually have a game that weekend at their own house on the 19th. But I think just a contingent of their band alums may be just show up for the battle is all.

They do play Grambling the week before on the 12th in Grambling. Don't know if they are making that trip to perform or not.
yeah they not going to the grambling game.. but on the other the jukebox website was crazy this morning because of the ticket sells.. too much traffic on the site ..

Last edited:
yeah they going to the grambling game.. but on the other the jukebox website was crazy this morning because of the ticket sells.. too much traffic on the site ..

Yeah I saw some of my frats from NC A&T say they were coming down to BR for that weekend.

Keep 'em straight JR. You know your folks like to over exaggerate.
Who in the heck gone pay good money to see a pep squad?

Yea it's gonna be a huge draw..the high schoolers will finish their games around 9 ish and the yard will be packed as hell..

Can't wait

Who the hell wanna see Talledega. Dont kid yourself people coming...to SU vs Dega...cause they KNOW SU VS JSU is the NEXT DAY....that will give them something to do that night...lol

Who the hell wanna see Talledega. Dont kid yourself people coming...to SU vs Dega...cause they KNOW SU VS JSU is the NEXT DAY....that will give them something to do that night...lol

For a battle in the streets in N.O. it was wall to wall two years in a row....

Yeah I saw some of my frats from NC A&T say they were coming down to BR for that weekend.

JR, you know they are coming to see tha BOOM! lol

I do with SU the best. I regret that Haymer's unprofessionalism caused the BOOM not to participate but I do want to see SUs band make the money they so desperately need.

However, since the target audience is these HS band members and their parents, do you think midnight is too late for them? Also, will SU students and BR area young adults want to go a band battle at midnight on a Friday night rather than go to the club? I know TP would have preferred the club in my day... LOL

Will SU be on time?

I do with SU the best. I regret that Haymer's unprofessionalism caused the BOOM not to participate but I do want to see SUs band make the money they so desperately need.

However, since the target audience is these HS band members and their parents, do you think midnight is too late for them? Also, will SU students and BR area young adults want to go a band battle at midnight on a Friday night rather than go to the club? I know TP would have preferred the club in my day... LOL

Will SU be on time?
Louisiana has a band culture. Those HS students aren't the main target audience, but SU fans are the target. SU fans packed JSU a arena last season without HS students.

Will SU be on time?

That's the difference between you and true band heads. I understand both sides being that I have dependents who are band heads.

Will SU be on time?

TP,
The A&T folks and SU have been close for years. Goes way back. Hell we used to play them back in the 80s. Then in Las Vegas in 03. Anyway, those frats are alums and they have posted they were coming in support of the Juke. Old school relationships and I guess Haymer has also been cool with them as well as they have been around the Juke during the travels to the ATL.

As for them being on time. I don't know. Although it is our home venue so it probably does not matter. We were never on time during my era. Doc liked making a grand entrance and if you dared blow on him. He would stop and unleash hell on you right there. LOL. I remember Tn State trying to blow as soon we got in the stadium LATE in 84. They regretted that for the rest of the night. LOL. Had alot of TN down at SU the next few years in the band.

They will be out there TP. Especially the Sr HS kids. It is that late to let the get through with their HS games.

It was more SU fans at that battle of the bands than JSU fans. Ask anyone who attended. I was even surprised.

I wasn't I even said that it would happen and somebody (possibly Dahill) said I was crazy and then had to change his tune afterwards. The funniest thing about this all is folks act as if this is our first rodeo hosting a BOTB's. Every time we host one it's packed even the high school ones and now I noticed that TJ is promoting it as well so you know it's gonna be on and popping.

I wasn't I even said that it would happen and somebody (possibly Dahill) said I was crazy and then had to change his tune afterwards. The funniest thing about this all is folks act as if this is our first rodeo hosting a BOTB's. Every time we host one it's packed even the high school ones and now I noticed that TJ is promoting it as well so you know it's gonna be on and popping.

Yeah I saw that Juke was promoting it. TJ knows everybody. LOL. I might have to start calling him Bob Jr with all his connections.

Back