Bayou Classic is moving from NBC to NBC Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThumbDottie.jpg

Dottie Belletto is the 'Head person In Charge' of the Bayou Classic.
Wait!!!!! What?!?!!!!?!!!! You mean our "very own" isn't over the BC? Our own isn't controlling the promotions and other events for the BC? She must be some type of La politician.

The game is more profitable now, no more paying NBC, those advertising dollars will go directly to Grambling and SU. Grambling and SU split 1.7 million dollars last year, and now without paying NBC, that amount will increase by at least 500k. Plus, The State of Louisiana added 250k to the pot this year.

The game is more profitable now, no more paying NBC, those advertising dollars will go directly to Grambling and SU. Grambling and SU split 1.7 million dollars last year, and now without paying NBC, that amount will increase by at least 500k. Plus, The State of Louisiana added 250k to the pot this year.
Show the numbers. You just quoting stuff.

no smack intended....this is kinda sad to me... it was a thanksgiving weekend tradition growing up to watch the bayou classic on NBC

Well if you got cable or Direct TV etc, you can still watch. No different than all those games those crazy channels broadcast during March Madness. NBC Universal is on Direct TV as I have it. I rather have folks at the game though. It was a nice attendance increase last year and I expect it to be more of an increase as Gram and SU could be possibly playing for the right to rep the West in the SCG based on expectations.

NBC has been hurting sports wise for years. So it may be time for the SU and Gram powers that be start talking with other networks. We have to be proactive to this and not just sit back.

Wait!!!!! What?!?!!!!?!!!! You mean our "very own" isn't over the BC? Our own isn't controlling the promotions and other events for the BC? She must be some type of La politician.

She is on the BC local area team. She not negotiating on the behalf of SU and Gram for TV coverage and other things. I thought you knew the white folks have taken New Orleans over political wise Beans. Aren't you from LA? Didn't you move back to the boot?

She is on the BC local area team. She not negotiating on the behalf of SU and Gram for TV coverage and other things. I thought you knew the white folks have taken New Orleans over political wise Beans. Aren't you from LA? Didn't you move back to the boot?
Yeah, but I just work with them and listen to them talk bad about SU and Gram. I just shake my head and agree.

joe_wilson_you_lie.jpg

We were told that you all didn't pay NBC!!!!!!! Wait, let's get JR and the rest in here to explain this debacle.

If you read what he said, no more sponsors giving the money to NBC. SU and Gram did not pay NBC out of their pockets man. LOL. Never had.

Okay, lets do it this way. The networks pay the SEC big money to broadcast their games because they know they can get SPONSORS to by spots on the broadcast to make up the money they pay these conferences. SU and Gram got a split of the money based on the sponsors money going to NBC for the broadcast. It was a win win deal for all involved. I would imagine NBC has some bigger fish they are trying to fry on that date on their major channel and move the game to NBC Universal. Now it is up to us to be happy with that (money wise) or shop the game somewhere else. Simple as that. Now that ESPN/ABC is doing the Celebration Bowl. They may be interested in our game and it may even be a better chance to get Game day back to the BC like they did in 2005. NBC don't care about nobody but Notre Dame football wise on the college level. Outside of their designated home games, the BC was the only regular season college football game shown on that network. Now they are left out in the cold with no bowl games at all. ESPN owns pretty much every bowl broadcast.

Yeah, but I just work with them and listen to them talk bad about SU and Gram. I just shake my head and agree.

So you agree with them. Oh well. Typical. That's like an Alcorn or Valley grad agree with Ole Piss and Ms State alums about JSU. Because you know them necks talk about your alma mater in MS don't you?

If you read what he said, no more sponsors giving the money to NBC. SU and Gram did not pay NBC out of their pockets man. LOL. Never had.

Okay, lets do it this way. The networks pay the SEC big money to broadcast their games because they know they can get SPONSORS to by spots on the broadcast to make up the money they pay these conferences. SU and Gram got a split of the money based on the sponsors money going to NBC for the broadcast. It was a win win deal for all involved. I would imagine NBC has some bigger fish they are trying to fry on that date on their major channel and move the game to NBC Universal. Now it is up to us to be happy with that (money wise) or shop the game somewhere else. Simple as that. Now that ESPN/ABC is doing the Celebration Bowl. They may be interested in our game and it may even be a better chance to get Game day back to the BC like they did in 2005. NBC don't care about nobody but Notre Dame football wise on the college level. Outside of their designated home games, the BC was the only regular season college football game shown on that network. Now they are left out in the cold with no bowl games at all. ESPN owns pretty much every bowl broadcast.

54790190.jpg

So you agree with them. Oh well. Typical. That's like an Alcorn or Valley grad agree with Ole Piss and Ms State alums about JSU. Because you know them necks talk about your alma mater in MS don't you?
Don't know what necks in MS do, but boy!!!!! They sure don't care for SU. Man, if I say something bad about SU, they forget that I'm black. I've been invited to one of their house to eat after agreeing with them. We ate duck.

Don't know what necks in MS do, but boy!!!!! They sure don't care for SU. Man, if I say something bad about SU, they forget that I'm black. I've been invited to one of their house to eat after agreeing with them. We ate duck.

That's because they think you are down with them like a Ruckus. As soon as you turn your back they say the same low down crap about your school. Don't think they think highly of any HBCU. They just don't live in MS. LOL. They don't care for us because they have to deal with our grads in the state and we don't take no isht from them mofos.

I would never agree with a white mofo about any HBCU. Rivalry or not. SU still producing top flight grads out there and don't need one of our own agreeing with them other folks. But I guess it is how you roll. I hope that duck was good.

That's because they think you are down with them like a Ruckus. As soon as you turn your back they say the same low down crap about your school. Don't think they think highly of any HBCU. They just don't live in MS. LOL. They don't care for us because they have to deal with our grads in the state and we don't take no isht from them mofos.

I would never agree with a white mofo about any HBCU. Rivalry or not. SU still producing top flight grads out there and don't need one of our own agreeing with them other folks. But I guess it is how you roll. I hope that duck was good.
The duck was great. I wish I could have sent you some. And JR, I would never agree if what they say is a lie. I'm not going to lie just to disagree with someone. If it's the truth, it's the truth. I think next time I'll ask for some Wild hog or deer.

The duck was great. I wish I could have sent you some. And JR, I would never agree if what they say is a lie. I'm not going to lie just to disagree with someone. If it's the truth, it's the truth. I think next time I'll ask for some Wild hog or deer.

If you don't have something nice to say. Then say nothing. That's how you handle it. It's not agreeing or disagreeing. I would have told them mofos, hey SU learned from the best. The rest of the State on how to handle business. All the crooked Governors that have presided over LA have taught them well. That's how I would have done it. Probably would have been thrown out.

Well I am a SU grad, I am sure they wouldn't have said that crap around me in the first place and I surely would not be at their house.

The only Duck I eat is Beijing Duck when I travel to China. No duck in the world like it. Them necks don't have anything on the Chinese on how to prepare Duck.

If you don't have something nice to say. Then say nothing. That's how you handle it. It's not agreeing or disagreeing. I would have told them mofos, hey SU learned from the best. The rest of the State on how to handle business. All the crooked Governors that have presided over LA have taught them well. That's how I would have done it. Probably would have been thrown out.

Well I am a SU grad, I am sure they wouldn't have said that crap around me in the first place and I surely would not be at their house.

The only Duck I eat is Beijing Duck when I travel to China. No duck in the world like it. Them necks don't have anything on the Chinese on how to prepare Duck.
Hey, if they ask you a question, what? You suppose to just look at them? And not say anything?

Don't know about no Chinese duck, but the duck that was cooked was Cajun style. Them Cajuns know how to cook some duck . And they say that Beijing duck isn't the "best". They say Wood duck is better.

Yall do know that NBCSPORTS owns the right to NFL Sunday Night Football and it's broadcast on NBC right?

IMO, this is not good for SU/GSU nor HBCUs. For the casual HBCU fan they won't know to tune into NBCSN to catch the BC. All they will say is, "it ain't on TV this year", and search ABC, CBS, and FOX (who'll all likely have P5 rivalry games on). They won't even think about searching NBCSN. The only time I watch NBCSN is during the Olympics.

LOL.....You all do know that Comcast owns NBC Universal..... right? Comcast is the #2 cable provider in the U.S. (#1 by revenue).....NBCSN is owned by Comcast. I happen to have Comcast Xfinity and it is part of the package I have (and I don't have the best package or sports package).....I had ATT U-verse and it was part of the package as well.....This game will not only be accessible to millions but also streamed live.........Now which one of your schools have a better deal? LMAO

LOL.....You all do know that Comcast owns NBC Universal..... right? Comcast is the #2 cable provider in the U.S. (#1 by revenue).....NBCSN is owned by Comcast. I happen to have Comcast Xfinity and it is part of the package I have (not the best package or sports package).....I had ATT U-verse and it was part of the package as well.....This game will not only be accessible to millions but also streamed live.........Now which one of your schools have a better deal? LMAO

MaN I post that on Facebook and them ninjas were like.....words :eek: we gotta read_____________________

If they can find something to be doom and gloom about they aren't happy.

IMO, this is not good for SU/GSU nor HBCUs. For the casual HBCU fan they won't know to tune into NBCSN to catch the BC. All they will say is, "it ain't on TV this year", and search ABC, CBS, and FOX (who'll all likely have P5 rivalry games on). They won't even think about searching NBCSN. The only time I watch NBCSN is during the Olympics.

So they can find HBO, CINEMAX and SHOWTIME to watch Money Mayweather. But they're to stupid to flip the channel to watch the game.

:rolleyes:

MaN I post that on Facebook and them ninjas were like.....words :eek: we gotta read_____________________

If they can find something to be doom and gloom about they aren't happy.

LOL.....Unfortunately, a lot of those folks are "special." smh & lol

Mane, NBCSN (formerly Versus) is on Cox, Time Warner, Comcast, UVerse, Dish, DirecTV, ... pretty much every major provider has it. It's on Sling, Roku boxes and other streaming devices.

It ain't Destination America or one of those cooking channels.

But we can't complain about not paying for a channel when we got on $200 shoes and $400 purses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back