APR

the key is retention and friendly majors that accept anything for transfers or student-athletes who have dreams of being an engineer and reality hits after your freshman season

you figure that out your APR should never be bad

We took our ass whipping both internal and public during the beginning of our current administration and was completely embarrassed by it but fought thru it. The local and national media clowned us all throughout the process (not to mention on a variety of message boards).

It was tough and humiliating but we are reaping the benefits now of a competent compliance department and leadership.

PREACH!

Alabama State's azz is GRASS in football.
plus they got hit with a level 3.

It's a GREAT time to be a Hornet! :snicker:

In addition to decreased practice time and NO Spring game... :D includes all Level I and Level 2 punishments :D plus the possibility of scholarship reductions :D, additional practice or contest restrictions, game and/or recruiting restrictions for coaches :D, restricted access to practice for incoming athletes who fall below established standards, restricted NCAA membership and multi-year postseason bans.

I can sorta see why Barlow was fired but to think Brian Jenkins didn't get run out of BCU? When does the NCAA levy punishment on Brian Jenkins?

the key is retention and friendly majors that accept anything for transfers or student-athletes who have dreams of being an engineer and reality hits after your freshman season

Freshman year is the best time to change their major for athletic purposes.

student-athletes who have dreams of being an engineer and reality hits after your freshman season

I certainly believe all should have a 'can-do' attitude but if you are not (academically) prepared for a major, like engineering, from the HS ranks, how in sans hell is it possible to even begin to imagine having that as your major, while having to waste precious time and hours undertaking the prereq courses which do not count towards degree progression/acquisition, w/ the very rigid and unforgiving APR guidelines towards degree progression? Yah, it sounds really neat to say that I'm an "engineering" major but you're taking freaking HS level Trig/Alg prereqs before one even hits pre-Cal/Cal anything lol. How unrealistic. smh

More prudent advising upon entering the frosh ranks seems to be in order, I presume. Those guys @ aTm-B/CS pushing those ag/kinesiology majors are really on to something lol.

Last edited:
This much "hate" can't be healthy.

#Sept19
Too bad I will be in Chicago for my boys game against the Bears and I won't be able to witness that azzwhooping live. Trying to get them to change Turn Down 4 What to Hells Bell ringing in Mumford. lmfao

Too bad I will be in Chicago for my boys game against the Bears and I won't be able to witness that azzwhooping live. Trying to get them to change Turn Down 4 What to Hells Bell ringing in Mumford. lmfao

You can go see Georgia Tech vs Notre Dame..... LOL It's a short drive from Chicago.

I have actually been considering going to that one instead of JSU-SU but it's hard to miss a JSU-SU game! However, Tech-ND games are rare and I have never been to that stadium!

You can go see Georgia Tech vs Notre Dame..... LOL It's a short drive from Chicago.

I have actually been considering going to that one instead of JSU-SU but it's hard to miss a JSU-SU game! However, Tech-ND games are rare and I have never been to that stadium!
My flight is getting in at 8p. I won't be doing anything but walking downtown with other Cardinal fans. The game will be over by time I actually get to my room but I hope the game is televised on CST so I can watch the replay.

What does level 3 mean?

"Financial aid reductions; additional practice and contest restrictions, coach-specific penalties (including game and recruiting restrictions); restricted access to practice for incoming students who fall below certain academic standards; restricted membership; and potential multi-year bans on postseason competition."

http://hbcusports.com/2015/05/27/alabama-state-football-famu-mens-basketball-among-apr-casualties/

In other words, Jenkins won't last long

Back