How would you rate the football coaching jobs in the SWAC?

I agree with this. If Simmons is a good coach, PV could easily pull an Alcorn in 2-3 years time with the talent pool in TX

Texas is like California. A huge pool of talent with an infinite number of schools trying to get that talent. It's hard to recruit that good talent when you have 50 schools to compete against.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
TBF,

Don't nobody wanna coach at PV

Why not? You saw the list that tbf provided... wouldn't you want what was best for your family and your future w/ hardly any stress/pressure from the outside? We're not in Houston, per se', but if we spit far enough, we'd hit the city limits of H-Town, if one would like to venture to urbanism if not the suburban Cypress sprawl. For self, I'd prefer the outer fringes between Hemp & Bren, but I prefer acreage over a house "lot." lol ;)

I'm not begrudging the rest of the SWAC locales but the upside and growth of PVAMU cannot be refuted. We're not building that football venue to stay division-I FCS; we have division-I FBS as our ultimate goal. It's documented for all to read in our System minutes earlier last year. Do your own math.

Last edited:
I'm not begrudging the rest of the SWAC locales but the upside and growth of PVAMU cannot be refuted. We're not building that football venue to stay division-I FCS; we have division-I FBS as our ultimate goal. It's documented for all to read in our System minutes earlier last year. Do your own math.

That's not an FBS caliber venue you're building. It's nice and new, but very SWACish in terms of size, amenities, etc.

That's not an FBS caliber venue you're building. It's nice and new, but very SWACish in terms of size, amenities, etc.

15K explandable to 33K, 99. This is phase #1. Phase #2, expandable. Phase #3? Well... we'll have to see about that.

15K explandable to 33K, 99. This is phase #1. Phase #2, expandable. Phase #3? Well... we'll have to see about that.

Good lucking getting to phase 2. Right now your capacity is 15K, not even close to what you need for FBS. And even if you had the stadium, you don't have the program capacity or resources to move up. That's not just for PV, that's for every SWAC school, mine included.

Right. I'm only reiterating what is documented in our System minutes substantiating the need and future goals of PVAMU during a meeting that passed the measures/necessary funds to begin work on the new stadium.

As for current capacity and/or resources to move up, it's my understanding that PVAMU's enrollment desires are to reach 16K students in a shorter timeframe pre-2022(? the yr). We're @ 8900+ on the main campus and continuing to grow/build. Our goal is to build/grow our part of the A&M System branch being in our corridor of the state. Obviously the ET corridor we're in is growing @ an astronomical rate so it stands to reason that we'll continue to grow as well (fingers crossed).

Speaking of :), have all went out for their daily dose of visible progress since some cannot believe that we're actually erecting a NEW on-campus football facility... w/ NO track?

Here ya' go ---> https://www.workzonecam.com/clients...rYXVzYTUmcD1wcmFpcmlldmlldyZzPXdvcmt6b25lY2Ft

Last edited:
Why not? You saw the list that tbf provided... wouldn't you want what was best for your family and your future w/ hardly any stress/pressure from the outside? We're not in Houston, per se', but if we spit far enough, we'd hit the city limits of H-Town, if one would like to venture to urbanism if not the suburban Cypress sprawl. For self, I'd prefer the outer fringes between Hemp & Bren, but I prefer acreage over a house "lot." lol ;)

You all and TxSo have the location but that's where it ends for a FOOTBALL coach.

You all and TxSo have the location but that's where it ends for a FOOTBALL coach.

Isn't that what tbf said up there ^^^^^^^^^^^^? Location? :( And lets not get so caught up in history too much, although PVAMU does have a LOT of history more good than bad. Helmets are made of space-age light-weight protective polymers today, not leather and cowskin lol.

do an address check on them people running their mouths...lol....

I know what coaches have and their WIVES (the biggest thing) have told me

If I was about to coach a team, I would want to walk in with penalties. Look at Asberry at TxSo. He would probably be doing a better job but he has been under sanctions. That was not a smart move for him.
Sorry you are wrong on this one. The jsu alums issues are self inflicted. Would say more but I don't want to thread jack. TSU's HFC position is very desirable and getting more so by the day.

So tbf, the ones running their mouths aren't even in a SWAC school footprint you say? lol TP is in Temple Univ territory isn't he? Seems like he'd be the "fust" clamoring to move his family to Waller co for employment and the kids in a super state of the art district like Cypress if not WISD or HISD. No metal detectors needed for the kids to attend school.

Jealousy and envy are a mf'er lol.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Including a pack of lies, right? lmao Dude, our System cannot afford to document "lies." We have our direction and we're going to attempt to make that objective come true.

The End.

I'm sure a lot of stuff has been documented that never came to pass. Sure you have goals. All of us should have goals.

Sorry you are wrong on this one. The jsu alums issues are self inflicted. Would say more but I don't want to thread jack. TSU's HFC position is very desirable and getting more so by the day.

Dude, Asberry been short handed since he got there. The only thing self inflicted is applying for that bad job. I do agree that the job is becoming more attractive now that Asberry has weathered the storm.

Dude, Asberry been short handed since he got there. The only thing self inflicted is applying for that bad job. I do agree that the job is becoming more attractive now that Asberry has weathered the storm.
TP, take your blue glasses off. The JSU alum has been inadequate as a HC. Look at the staff he assembled. Come on man you remember jsu blocking damn near every kick and punt that one year @ jsu and the next season TSU recruited 1 lineman and 8 QB's. Anyway, you have no idea what's been going on at TSU with your alum. But know this, jsu is about to have an opportunity to bring him home. I'd bet money you wouldn't speak for him to join you staff.

TP, take your blue glasses off. The JSU alum has been inadequate as a HC. Look at the staff he assembled. Come on man you remember jsu blocking damn near every kick and punt that one year @ jsu and the next season TSU recruited 1 lineman and 8 QB's. Anyway, you have no idea what's been going on at TSU with your alum. But know this, jsu is about to have an opportunity to bring him home. I'd bet money you wouldn't speak for him to join you staff.

No, he can't come to Jackson but that has nothing to do with the fact that for pretty much ALL of his tenure, he has been short on scholarships, practice time, etc... ... and you know it...

Back