What Will The Mayor of Baltimore (A Sista) Do?

444.gif%7Ec200

Honestly, I think newly appointed Attorney General Loretta Lynch is the one that has her hands full in trying to reform law enforcement agencies that Black men are not the only ones that break laws. As it stands now, the Reagan/Bush Administrations unfair drug laws set the tone for law enforcement agencies to aggressively police Black males more than any other group and at any cost. Last I read, the current two mass murder trials (Aurora, Colorado movie theater and the Boston Marathon) involved White males wanting to kill innocent people for no reason at all. IMO, if law enforcement agencies aggressively policed White males as they do Black males, maybe this country wouldn't be having so many mass murders.

Last edited:
444.gif%7Ec200

Honestly, I think new appointed Attorney General Loretta Lynch is the one that has her hands full in trying to reform law enforcement agencies that Black men are not the only ones that break laws. As it stands now, the Reagan/Bush Administrations unfair drug laws set the tone for law enforcement agencies to aggressively police Black males more than any other group and at any cost. Last I read, the current two mass murder trials (Aurora, Colorado movie theater and the Boston Marathon) involved White males wanting to kill innocent people for no reason at all. IMO, if law enforcement agencies aggressively policed White males as they do Black males, maybe this country wouldn't be having some many mass murders.

The good news for her is that she has an Outgoing POTUS who can back her. I predict Obama will "let loose" as his term comes to a close.

The Baltimore Mayor has to deal with a newly elected Republican Governor.

I haven't seen anything from Obama that indicates he desires to "let loose" on these issues.

I haven't either, but a lot cops need to be retrained, or retired, replaced, or straight fired. Back in the 90's, a lot Black cops were made to retire early in order for police departments to make room for some of the same racist cops that are hunting Black men like animals. I still remember both my dad and my brother being retrained to use the standard issued Glock 9mm pistol. Before then, police officers had the option of purchasing their own pistol, which were either a 38 revolver or a 357 revolver. Right after the department switch to the standard issued 9mm, one of the newly hired young White officers got into brawl at a club on his personal time, which lead to him discharging his standard issued 9mm in the club. Luckily he only shot into the ceiling, because the club was packed. Supposedly, the young White officer was either related to the chief or the assistant chief at that time. My dad and brother said they should have never hired him in the first place.

Didn't we have this same question when Eric Holder was appointed?

I think Eric Holder had a lot his plate when he was appointed. One of his biggest task was to help President Obama reform the unfair drug laws, which IMO is one of the reasons why Republicans gave him so much hell. Republicans fought him on every issue, which included reforming the unfair drug laws that Reagan created. IMO, Loretta Lynch's biggest task should be policy changes with law enforcement agencies.

Some things that she should definitely address:
  • The relationship between police, DAs, and the judges. There are some dynamics between those entities that make it hard for one to effectively work against the others when it has to. You always see this in the apprehension a DA has when he/she has to prosecute cops.
  • Police Unions. Unions in general can sometimes become too much to handle when they are in the pockets of every electable official. This is especially true in the case of DAs and judges being funded by union money and having relations with police union officials. Unions also seem to have an extreme amount of sway in the defense process of policemen.
  • Sentencing of law enforcement. There needs to stop being a dependency between the sentencing of citizens and law enforcement officers for the same crimes.
  • Weed legalization on a national level. It's time to move on.

This will help her get re-elected because she will make head role. Plus she is not running.

Can't see her getting re-elected unless she makes a miraculous rebound decisions wise. Calling for a curfew the day after your city's burned and looted is not going to help her in that regard. She had to anticipate the protest could eventually become the riots and become what we saw last night, err on the side of caution and call for the curfew...it being the day of the funeral too. Talking heads are already asking where is she.

One good thing as a female leader, unlike former Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Baltimore's mayor is in the community giving press conferences. Kathleen Blanco sat in Baton Rouge the entire time while New Orleans was under water, which is how Louisiana ended up with the fool that is currently its governor. Typically, voters make a worse mistake in seeking some type of reform after some chaotic situation. I'm sure Louisiana will never elect another person who doesn't have strong family roots in Louisiana.

The Sista is in the Spotlight. What will she do? This may be a turning point. Stay Tuned!
Well................... The "sista" sat on her ass in a back room some where along with the police commish for dam near 24 hours while the city burned. The national Guard is taking care of shat now. It took her 12 hours to call the Governor back to give the go ahead for the N.G. to be sent in to quell shat down.

Honestly, I don't blame the Mayor. She was trying to be for the people and give space for peaceful protests. Her people just let her down. Now she looks weak and unwilling to defend the city.

One good thing as a female leader, unlike former Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Baltimore's mayor is in the community giving press conferences. Kathleen Blanco sat in Baton Rouge the entire time while New Orleans was under water, which is how Louisiana ended up with the fool that is currently its governor. Typically, voters make a worse mistake in seeking some type of reform after some chaotic situation. I'm sure Louisiana will never elect another person who doesn't have strong family roots in Louisiana.
Not that you care, but Blanco was in N.O. right after the storm But this is different. I think the sister in Baltimore is doing as good a job as can be done in this situation.

It's convenient to compare the response here to the one in Ferguson. Missouri officials were roundly criticized for the heavy handed approach they brought. Now Maryland folks are being criticized for not being heavy handed. But look at it this way. Ferguson's riots broke out, largely, the day after the shooting. In Baltimore, there was a week of questions and peaceful protests. What indication did anyone have that chaos would break out A WEEK later. Had the guard been brought in during peaceful protests, they would have been labeled the second coming of Ferguson. I agree with J4L, I think she is doing as good a job as can be done. The governer, in his interview last night, is doing everything he can to make sure everyone knows that this ain't his fault.

That said, I think she will be done after this, no matter what.

Not that you care, but Blanco was in N.O. right after the storm But this is different. I think the sister in Baltimore is doing as good a job as can be done in this situation.

Where was she in New Orleans??? Did Blanco go to the Convention Center or the Super Dome and try to meet with the people that were suffering??? I can't find one video were she was on the ground meeting with the people that were affective by the storm. Even Anderson Cooper put Mary Landrieu on blast for being so disconnected. Mary was in Baton Rouge when she did the interview in the video below on CNN and Mary is from New Orleans, not Baton Rouge. That alone tells me that the women that were elected in Louisiana weren't concern about the victims in New Orleans. Although Rag Nagin did see to it to get his family out first, at least he stayed in New Orleans to cuss on T.V.

Last edited:
Oh you're saying she needed to go meet with people in person? Or work on getting them out of there?

Both!!!! Politicians can't be afraid to meet with the people who elected them into office. Plus, it would have somewhat helped Blanco's image, since a lot those same people voted for her. And most of the people that ended up at Convention Center were there trying seek some type of relief and shelter due to the flooding after the storm. Republicans have no problems in taking full advantage of photo opportunities when they know it would help their image with their base, such as President Bush standing on a pile of rubble saying "Let's Roll" at the site of the collapsed World Trade Center. Just that act along gave him enough support to start two unnecessary wars and to get him re-elected as this country's president. Ironically, because Bush knew it wasn't any political benefit for him and his Republican buddies, it took days before Bush went to New Orleans after Katrina and when he did, his visit was very brief. A lot of President Obama's initial campaign videos consisted of him visiting and touring New Orleans. IMO, the video below along did more to energize his campaign with his base then any. It seems like Mary Landrieu could have used a page from President Obama's campaign book, but she was too busy trying to appease those who would never vote for her.

Last edited:
Back