Southern Athletic Director William Broussard Reassigned By University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why reassign and then return him to his position. That doesn't make sense! Usually when you reassign someone you look for a replacement...

Ahh....the "Old Head Group" aye. I have a possible solution but some in Jaguar Nation won't like it too much.

All money ain't good money. Sometimes, cutting "Good Fat" is just as advantageous as "Bad Fat".

That actually means he will probably be completely terminated by April 1.
No, it's quite the opposite.

Why reassign and then return him to his position. That doesn't make sense! Usually when you reassign someone you look for a replacement...

It's a great question! It means that they TRIED to fire him but couldn't do it without getting sued. Broussard holds the cards in this case. He CAN return to his position if he wants it, but why go back someplace where you are not wanted? He will have NO problem getting a job elsewhere.

I'm so lost about what he could've possibly done... and the way they are handling this makes the whole athletic department look incompetent. I mean, we signed TFO to an extension, reassigned her and publicly announced that we were conducting a national search for her replacement. We didn't however, promise to give her job back. I'm confused about not wanting to get sued then leave the man where he is. Are they stupid or something?!

All the while the laziest of all AD's still has his job and strutting around in his Steve Harvey suits

Last edited:
I think the way he handled the su women's basketball situation and men's situation led to his demise. It was probably the straw that broke the camel's back, and then on top of that, JSU just downright embarassing su in baseball. It just became too much for him to overcome.
I won't even mention the APR debacles he's brought to the school over the past two years.
Broussard just wasn't the guy for the job.
And to think, some folks on here were labeling him as the BEST AD in the SWAC. Oh well...

You so far from it. None of that had anything to do with it. Last time I checked Roger Cador coaches Baseball. It all falls on him. As for the basketball situation. If they were pissed with that, why name Roman Banks as interim. You do realize the coaches wanted to play in the tourney. Not stay home. So he didn't oppose them. Pure politics like it always is at my alma mater. No matter how good or bad of a job you do. It is about WHO you piss off. Obviously the new board and TC have something up their sleeve.

Viv can get ya'll out of APR trouble...and get your compliance office up to par. The ain't schitt as an AD but she is great at compliance.

We already hired who the NCAA suggested. So that is not going to change. Viv would get our doors closed with all the stuff she likes to partake in. Nope. Don't need any sexual harassment scandals or lawsuits. As soon as she would arrive a mysterious allegation would come up. Don't need that.

So is the compliance person still on staff?

They ain't messing with him I don't guess unless they want to piss off the NCAA some more. They suggested him so we hired him. Unless the NCAA has come back and said he don't know isht either. I would imagine he will still be there.

Why don't you tell the good HBCUsports folks why he was let go then.
To be frank, it's real embarassing to have to travel around the country to different meetings involving sports with your colleagues and others knowing your entire athletic program has been put on probation indefinitely. I think su is the only program in the nation with that dubious honor.
It's quite obvious that many board members just didn't have the faith that Broussard could lead su out of it's APR debacle, and as of now, they were probably right in thinking so....if that's what they were thinking.

Did you tell the board that ole Viv was a cookie monster?

We already hired who the NCAA suggested. So that is not going to change. Viv would get our doors closed with all the stuff she likes to partake in. Nope. Don't need any sexual harassment scandals or lawsuits. As soon as she would arrive a mysterious allegation would come up. Don't need that.
You mean to tell me that you all can't control Viv?

Smh...You want an ineligible team for the SCG in a bowl against the MEAC. We not talking about intra-conference play. We talking about the SWAC representative standing for everything the SWAC is about.

That is the SWAC Commish issue of allowing ineligible teams participate.

I don't understand this at all, Tony Clayton prolly pissed at him for having parents who are Grambling alumni

Tony is an idiot. My man Bigtyme69 (Reggie Flood) is going in on the board on the Jaguar Journal as he should. Same ole Same ole.

Get em Flood.

This Jaguar Journal is calling the su board incompetent and an embarassment to the university. He's saying it's sad how su continues to see itself in this situation all over again. He's saying they can't afford to have cowardly people running the university.
He's really going all out on su leadership and their lack of accountability. WOW!!

Jindal folks gotta be loving this. This is an embarassment to Black folks all over Louisiana.

So will Banks be BOTH basketball coach and interim AD? I wonder if that's ever happened in the SWAC. Was he the most qualified person to become AD. Seems like he has no experience in that arena.

This Jaguar Journal is calling the su board incompetent and an embarassment to the university. He's saying it's sad how su continues to see itself in this situation all over again. He's saying they can't afford to have cowardly people running the university.
He's really going all out on su leadership and their lack of accountability. WOW!!

Jindal folks gotta be loving this. This is an embarassment to Black folks all over Louisiana.
It is exposing his APPOINTED folks to Board.

My LB is on the call now from Dallas.

Reggie is throwing that fire out there and I am glad he is doing. Time to rid ourselves even in embarrassment with them sorry black mofos that have no interest in SU but their own selfish agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back